“Great food!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The Greek Spinach Burger was really good! We were driving through and decided to stop for lung and enjoyed it!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

It took literally 2 minutes for my food to come out. Pretty much means they took the order from me and handed off straight to the cook. Ordered juevos rancheros. Very good but I'm always sad when they use red sauce instead of green.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The locals in Durango told us to go to this place. We ate on the patio, relaxed and comfortable. Good food, great corned beef hash! All from scratch and very yummy. Good service.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We thought we'd try Kate's Place in Ridgway for lunch after looking at the very good reviews. I ordered a Spring Salad with boneless chicken ($12) and my husband ordered an italian sub sandwich with homefries ($9 or $10?). There were two other parties in the restaurant when we arrived and we asked for take-out and it took 20-25 minutes before we received our order. The waitress was friendly, but again the wait was pretty long for what we ordered. While neither of our meals were bad, the portions were less than we expected for the price. My husband's sandwich was about 5" long and he mentioned that the meat and cheese portions were pretty skimpy and the bread was hard and stale. His homefries were tasty. My salad was pretty basic (at first they said they were out of pecans but then they said they had them afterall, and they threw in about 6 of them to the side). The dressing was good, but overall the salad greens and chicken were nothing special for $12. Overall, we felt the wait was too long and the portions skimpy for the price. We usually order a similar sandwich and salad choices at Obrien's Pub in Ouray and the overall portions/quality/price are far better. I did notice that their breakfast menu looked very good so maybe that's why the reviews have been so good.

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

I had read all of the good reviews about Kate's Place and decided to try it out. It was every bit as good as everyone says. I had the Sneffels Skillet and it was excellent. My family all enjoyed what they ordered. It was quite busy but that's the price of having great food. We'll certainly stop in whenever back in the area. Highly recommeded!