“Fantastic ceviche, creative cocktails and Pura Vida at its best”

Land and Ocean Costa Rican Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 26 Restaurants in Ridgway
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Latin, Central American, Costa Rican, Seafood, Healthy, South American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Owners Luis and Michele Bolaños, serve up Latin dishes influenced by Luis’ native land of Costa Rica. Food is always fresh and flavorful. The house specialty is ceviche, a seafood dish popular in the coastal regions of the Americas. We make ours with succulent shrimp and mahi-mahi marinated in lime juice and flavored with onion and other crisp bits of veggies. Other options include fajitas, fish tacos and the Tico heart of palm salad.
Bailey, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic ceviche, creative cocktails and Pura Vida at its best”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I showed up here after everything else that I wanted to try for a BDay meal on a Monday night was closed. Score! What a great find!!! I love good ceviche and Luis creates some of the best you can find, in Ridgway no less. His cocktail creations could be featured at any high end establishment that you would pay twice the price for. I could have kept sampling everything from his drink list and would have except I had a Bday massage scheduled. Here's the kicker, I headed for my appointment and left my laptop at the table. After realizing my mistake I called after they had closed that night and the next morning there was Luis with my laptop!! Pure Pura Vida. Almost asked him to whip up some more ceviche and a cocktail for breakfast but he wasn't scheduled to open for anther few hours! Salute

Visited March 2014

Prescott, AZ
“Delicious surprise is a small town”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The owners are Costa Rican and rightly proud of the quality of the food they prepare We've been to Costa Rica and this meal (we had late breakfast) was as good as or better than any we had in Costa Rica. I ate every bit of it, mostly because it was so flavorful, not because I was hungry. We also bought a jar of their chipotle sauce to take with us. It was terrific! The fruit juice drinks are all made when ordered with fresh fruit juice. I had peach/strawberry because the peaches in Colorado are at the peak of flavor. It was really good. My husband had a mango drink that tasted like he was eating a fresh mango. The restaurant itself is just a little hole-in-the-wall, but probably exactly what you might find in Costa Rica. I'm okay with no ambience: I'm all about good food and we certainly got that. The scrambled eggs and the black beans and rice were wonderful.

• Visited August 2013
“Bland, microwaved food drenched in lime juice.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

What should have been a mouth watering meal turned out to be more like a microwaved fajita mix drenched in lime juice. Everything had the taste of lime, so much that I got sores in my mouth. The service is the worst we have ever had. No service with a smile here folks.

• Visited August 2013
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Civiche in the world”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

OMG - what a delectable surprise! Fresh, complex wonderful mix of flavors. Civiche to die for, fresh juices, individually prepared guacamole, outstanding fish tacos, flavorful beans & rice. Wish we had this restaurant in Denver.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 007Zak
“A mountain surprise”
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Thought we would try because of the other great reviews on TA and we were not disappointed. We also noticed the parking lot was full so we felt it must be true. The guacamole and ceviche were outstanding. The fish tacos were also very good. Our son had shrimp quesadilla that was good as well. The cheese was very flavorful and authentic.

We ordered a wide variety of items so it was a little pricey but we splurged because that's what you do on vacation. The appetizers we so could we kept adding things to our order to try them.

I would definately recommend if you truely love traditional Latin American seafood.

• Visited July 2013