“Costa Rican in Ridgway???”

Land and Ocean Costa Rican Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 26 Restaurants in Ridgway
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Latin, Central American, Costa Rican, Seafood, Healthy, South American
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Owners Luis and Michele Bolaños, serve up Latin dishes influenced by Luis’ native land of Costa Rica. Food is always fresh and flavorful. The house specialty is ceviche, a seafood dish popular in the coastal regions of the Americas. We make ours with succulent shrimp and mahi-mahi marinated in lime juice and flavored with onion and other crisp bits of veggies. Other options include fajitas, fish tacos and the Tico heart of palm salad.
Littleton, Colorado
“Costa Rican in Ridgway???”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The Cerviche Pura Vida was excellent. Likewise, the Mahi-Mahi Fish Taco. The service was very good, although the restaurant was not busy at the time.

The decoration was simple, but consistent with the Costa Rican food served.

Visited June 2014

Nederland, Colorado
“Simple, fresh, good: a surprise in a small Colorado town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Having been to Costa Rica, we stopped for lunch at this small restaurant in a small shopping center. Its decor inside is bright and simple, with 25 places...and a few more outside. With a Costa Rican cook, the food is genuine. Fresh fruits dominate the menu, whether just pureed, in a margarita, or in various other ways. The fish tacos were simple: slices of fish on a corn tortilla, onto which you put the cabbage-based Costa Rican salad. The guacamole was fresh and good. Nothing fancy. The service was friendly. Definitely different...and a surprise in this small western town.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank nedtraveler
Bailey, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic ceviche, creative cocktails and Pura Vida at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I showed up here after everything else that I wanted to try for a BDay meal on a Monday night was closed. Score! What a great find!!! I love good ceviche and Luis creates some of the best you can find, in Ridgway no less. His cocktail creations could be featured at any high end establishment that you would pay twice the price for. I could have kept sampling everything from his drink list and would have except I had a Bday massage scheduled. Here's the kicker, I headed for my appointment and left my laptop at the table. After realizing my mistake I called after they had closed that night and the next morning there was Luis with my laptop!! Pure Pura Vida. Almost asked him to whip up some more ceviche and a cocktail for breakfast but he wasn't scheduled to open for anther few hours! Salute

Visited March 2014
Prescott, AZ
“Delicious surprise is a small town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The owners are Costa Rican and rightly proud of the quality of the food they prepare We've been to Costa Rica and this meal (we had late breakfast) was as good as or better than any we had in Costa Rica. I ate every bit of it, mostly because it was so flavorful, not because I was hungry. We also bought a jar of their chipotle sauce to take with us. It was terrific! The fruit juice drinks are all made when ordered with fresh fruit juice. I had peach/strawberry because the peaches in Colorado are at the peak of flavor. It was really good. My husband had a mango drink that tasted like he was eating a fresh mango. The restaurant itself is just a little hole-in-the-wall, but probably exactly what you might find in Costa Rica. I'm okay with no ambience: I'm all about good food and we certainly got that. The scrambled eggs and the black beans and rice were wonderful.

• Visited August 2013
“Bland, microwaved food drenched in lime juice.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

What should have been a mouth watering meal turned out to be more like a microwaved fajita mix drenched in lime juice. Everything had the taste of lime, so much that I got sores in my mouth. The service is the worst we have ever had. No service with a smile here folks.

• Visited August 2013