“Fantastic food and service”

Land and Ocean Costa Rican Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 27 Restaurants in Ridgway
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Sushi, Latin, Costa Rican, Healthy, Central American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Owners Luis and Michele Bolaños, serve up Latin dishes influenced by Luis’ native land of Costa Rica. Food is always fresh and flavorful. The house specialty is ceviche, a seafood dish popular in the coastal regions of the Americas. We make ours with succulent shrimp and mahi-mahi marinated in lime juice and flavored with onion and other crisp bits of veggies. Other options include fajitas, fish tacos and the Tico heart of palm salad.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We did not know what to expect. We never had Costa Rican food but were game. We split an order of fajitas which were not anything like fajitas. They consisted of sautéed shrimp and mahi mahi with shredded carrots,onions, broccoli, rice and beans mixture, potatoes, coleslaw, and corn tortillas. Wow! It was so good! My son ordered a burrito and loved it. My husband ordered pork tacos and also was very happy. The waitress was delightful. We would come back in a heartbeat. Delish!

1  Thank 2462skiing

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Atmosphere is casual with friendly service and delicious food. Inside and outside seating and just off the main road through Ridgway, first turn north after crossing the Uncompaghre river traveling east. Worth stopping

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The Cerviche Pura Vida was excellent. Likewise, the Mahi-Mahi Fish Taco. The service was very good, although the restaurant was not busy at the time.

The decoration was simple, but consistent with the Costa Rican food served.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Having been to Costa Rica, we stopped for lunch at this small restaurant in a small shopping center. Its decor inside is bright and simple, with 25 places...and a few more outside. With a Costa Rican cook, the food is genuine. Fresh fruits dominate the menu, whether just pureed, in a margarita, or in various other ways. The fish tacos were simple: slices of fish on a corn tortilla, onto which you put the cabbage-based Costa Rican salad. The guacamole was fresh and good. Nothing fancy. The service was friendly. Definitely different...and a surprise in this small western town.

2  Thank nedtraveler
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I showed up here after everything else that I wanted to try for a BDay meal on a Monday night was closed. Score! What a great find!!! I love good ceviche and Luis creates some of the best you can find, in Ridgway no less. His cocktail creations could be featured at any high end establishment that you would pay twice the price for. I could have kept sampling everything from his drink list and would have except I had a Bday massage scheduled. Here's the kicker, I headed for my appointment and left my laptop at the table. After realizing my mistake I called after they had closed that night and the next morning there was Luis with my laptop!! Pure Pura Vida. Almost asked him to whip up some more ceviche and a cocktail for breakfast but he wasn't scheduled to open for anther few hours! Salute