“First ever won't be last”

RIGS Adventure CO Fly Shop and Guide Service
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Ridgway
More attraction details
Owner description: RIGS Adventure CO. features Western Colorado’s finest Fly Shop & Fish Report, Gold Medal Fly Fishing Guide Service (Walk Wade & Float Fishing trips in Drift Boats), family White Water River Rafting and Kayak Trips, Photo Tours and River Expeditions. RIGS is conveniently located in the picturesque Uncompahgre River Valley, minutes from both Ouray and Ridgway State Park, nestled below the majestic San Juan Mountains in Ridgway Colorado - between Telluride, Ouray, Montrose, Silverton and Durango Colorado. Guide Trips ranging from 2 hours to 5 days in length on Southwest Colorado premier rivers including: Gunnison River: Gunnison Gorge/Black Canyon, Uncompahgre River, San Miguel River, Cimarron River and Exclusive Private Water River Access - beginner to experienced ability levels welcome. The best of Southwest Colorado Adventure in the prettiest part of the state!
Reviewed 7 July 2014

First ever rafting experience today on the San Miguel River with RIGS out of Ridgeway was terrific. Half day trip put in south of the Telluride split and traveled 10 miles over 2 1/2 hours. Perfect trip for newbies. Just enough white water to make it a challenge. Just wet enough to make it fun. Staff led by Tim did a great job of matching us with the right trip. Beautiful scenery and water. Enough paddling to make us feel like we were doing much more than just riding along. Cost seemed totally reasonable. Outfitting, putting in and taking out and transportation were a breeze. The ride through the Dallas Divide was scenic to say the least. Everything was done with professionalism and concern for the raftees. Safety and paddling instructions were on point and efficient. Snacks at the end were both unexpected and appreciated. Orion was our guide and made us feel comfortable, safe and appreciated - part technician, part historian part cheerleader. All in all a great day on the river.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

An excellent time with my family on the river. My two young sons, 8 and 10 went fir the first time and I felt safe and secure with this guide. We had a blast.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have taken several guided fly fishing trips with RIGS over the past four years, including the three day float trip on the Gunnison, day trips on the Gunnison, as well as trips to local rivers and high country streams. I have also purchased equipment from their shop. They have always been professional, courteous and knowledgable. Most of all, they are passionate about fly fishing and helping others experience this great sport. Matt McCannel, lead fly fishing guide, epitomizes this passion. Furthermore, Matt is incredibly patient with beginners, as demonstrated with a good friend of mine who went on a day trip with Matt and me recently. (Btw, my friend landed two rainbows over 20" that day with Matt's expert guidance!) Ridgway and the surrounding towns in beautiful SW Colorado are fortunate to have RIGS nearby. (Newt Crenshaw 4.5.14)

Tim P, Owner at RIGS Adventure CO Fly Shop and Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you Newt for such a great review! It is always a pleasure to have you come out with us and we are grateful to have such wonderful customers like yourself. We are also lucky to have amazing employees like Matt and their knowledge and passion for the sport of fly fishing! We look forward to your next visit to our beautiful neck of the woods.
Tight lines!
Tim

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I don't know the name of the man working in the fly shop this day, but I don't ever want to return to this place! I have worked in fly shops before and I would never treat a customer this way. I am not the most experienced fly fisher but I expect to be at least treated with basic respect. He was very unprofessional and unwelcoming, and wouldn't even show me a map or give suggestions on where to go flyfishing in the area. I saw him treat the man who came in before me very differently and I was left feeling like I was in the 1950s and he was of the mindset that women can't fly fish. It was like pulling teeth trying to get any information out of him. EXTREMELY rude. I definitely recommend trying a different place that gives everyone respect and is not so egotistical.

1  Thank HerculisaLisa
Tim P, Owner at RIGS Adventure CO Fly Shop and Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

We are mortified to hear that one of our employees would act like this. RIGS does not condone this kind of behavior nor would we want anyone, male or female, to receive this kind of treatment. Our employees are known for being friendly and helpful (if you read some of our other reviews). We would love to be able to make this right but on Trip Advisor vs Yelp, we cannot communicate directly with the client. Lisa if you happen to read this, we would love to learn more about who you spoke with so we can address this type of behavior immediately.
Heather P.
Co-Owner

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We had the best time on the river! Entire staff at the shop was helpful and friendly and guides are exceptional. So much fun for all 6 of us! Will do it again next visit!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Tim P, Owner at RIGS Adventure CO Fly Shop and Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thanks for the wonderful review - glad to hear you had a great time! We strive to conduct each trip in a fun, safe and educational manner. We appreciate you joining us on a RIGS whitewater rafting adventure and look forward to seeing you guys again next season!