“Not Worth the Money-Stay in Ouray instead!”

Ridgway-Ouray Lodge & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ridgway
eagle, co
“Not Worth the Money-Stay in Ouray instead!”
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We weren't expecting anything fancy. We'd been to Ridgway before and had always stayed in Ouray, but decided to stay in Ridgway itself this time. We knew that Ridgway and Ouray are pretty casual towns. However, we paid $90 for a room with two queen beds that were not very comfortable, a bathroom was that wasn't clean (gritty tub and dusty counters), an a sub-par continental breakfast (I'm sorry but tiny danishes and toast don't count by themselves to me). I mentioned the not so clean bathroom to the desk person, and although she made a note, she acted like I was making things up.

Overall, I definately wouldn't stay here again unless the rates were dropped by about $20-30/night. I would much rather drive 15 minutes extra and stay in Ouray and get more bang for my buck!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank minnouse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I stayed at the Ridgway-Ouray Lodge & Suites in May 2009 while on a fishing trip and found it to be your standard ordinary hotel/motel and didn't experience any of the negative things people mentioned in previous posts. Perhaps they upgraded/cleaned-up things since the last posts. I didn't have a reservation and just stopped in after a day of fishing, but the woman at the front desk was helpful and pleasant, and the room was clean (if a bit dated). While not the Ritz, it was fine for a night - no complaints.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Colorado
Reviewed 23 October 2008

This hotel had great service at the front desk, but the rooms were over priced and extra for a dog. Not all of the tv channels were working including a door hinge that kept falling off. When we got back it didn't even looked like it had been clean. The covers looked like they were not washed, including the pillows that were not fluffy. The halls were covered in mud from hunters including a elk head outside. The pools were enjoyable and the hot tub. Breakfast was only coffee and different types of bread. I think I would have been better off in a tent.

• Liked — pool area
  • Disliked — room cleanness
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Ridgway hotels

colorado springs
Reviewed 23 November 2007

As others have said, it looks nice from the outside. The room was basically clean, although the bathroom could have been better. THe shock was when we pulled back the sheets -- large blood stains! And fresh too! They obviously hadn't washed the sheets after they were stained. The manager on duty didn't even apologise. She just told us we could move to another room. She claimed that "hunting season was just over and we had a lot of hunters in here." This didn't make much sense to me -- do hunters sleep with their kills? Anyway, we moved to a different room. After pulling back the sheets to make sure there weren't any squirrels or deer heads in the bed, we settled in to watch a movie. Then, we moved a pillow -- MORE blood stains! I was irate and demanded new, clean sheets and a free room for the night. After quite a bit of haggling, and my threat to call the health inspector, they finally comp'ed our room for us.

• Liked — nice lobby
  • Disliked — poor service, blood on the bed linens
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank danbranan
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 16 August 2007

Should have checked reviews on TripAdvisor first. This was a last minute trip and I agree with other reviews about how bad this place is. The pictures on their website look great but don't believe them. The management makes a big deal about a $150 fine for smoking in the rooms. This is an older motel that allowed smoking previously and the room I had smelled so bad of smoke and disinfectant, I could hardly stand it ! The bathroom sink was cracked and the vent for the fan was dangling from the ceiling. The trash outside my window was overflowing. The ice machine in the lobby was broken ! The motel still uses the old fashioned room keys instead of key cards for security. The beds were very uncomfortable too. There were only 3 tables in the "breakfast area". Do yourself a favor and stay in Montrose which is only 25 miles away and a world of difference !

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — rancid cigarette smoke smell in room
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
4 Thank Rocky-Mtn-trekker
Utah
Reviewed 5 August 2007

Horrible experience, lost our reservation, took 45 minutes at 10:30pm to agree to put us in another room after an 8 1/2 hour drive. No other hotels available. No offer to compensate for inconveinence, "they don't do that".....Ants in the room, garbage outside wasn't emptied for the 2 days we were there, rude staff and manager. Sleep in your car, it will be more enjoyable. You will regret every minute you stay here! Ridgway is a beautiful area, stay in Montrose and drive the 25 miles to Ridgway.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — From the moment we stepped in the door
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank Connie0502
indianapolis
Reviewed 20 July 2007

The hotel appeared to be nice. The carpet in the room needs a desperate cleaning. I walked barefoot and when I steped on the tile in the bathroom it turned black. The pool was warm which I appreciated. The hotel has a washer/dryer which would have been convenient if they had soap! The breakfast was very limited. There is a great pizza place located across the street- Panny's.

• Liked — beautiful scenery
  • Disliked — dirty floor
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank philangie6370
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgway
Hot Springs Inn
#4 of 7 in Mountain Village
The Hotel Telluride
The Hotel Telluride
#1 of 11 in Telluride

Been to Ridgway-Ouray Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!