Gateway Lodge
US$72
US$65
RodewayInn
US$110
Budget Star Motel(Rifle)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$105
HIExpress.com
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(New Castle)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$77
Priceline
US$84
Hotwire.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stopped here first and was I surprised when they quoted me such a high price. Maybe they thought because we had 2 motorcycles we had big money. Yes I did judge this book by the cover, that place was dumpy on the out side as well as in the Office. Parking was right next to the street. I not only didn’t feel secure about the bikes, I felt Very uncomfortable about my own personal safety. Would have felt better about being in the middle of the woods than there. So we went on down the road with a big storm that we would be in the middle of. As we got back to the interstate, we saw the Rusty Canyon Motel. I figured as High a the dumpy Winchester Inn was, rusty Canyon would have to be twice that much. To my pleasant surprise, they were $15 LESS and one of the best places I’ve stayed in. One review of Winchester mentioned “Bed bugs” and that wouldn’t have surprised me at all. I was going to brave the storm than stay there.

Room Tip: Go on down the road.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
kurczaczeksz, General Manager at Gateway Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

We're so sorry about your unpleasant experience at our motel...We wanted to let you know that we're under new management and here to stay, our goal is to improve the property as much as we can, we offer variety of rooms some basic and some more refined for your consideration. We're hoping when you're in the area to give us another chance. We'll make sure to take good care of you!

Reviewed 5 October 2011

To the comment of BED BUGS, not hardly and I've always had air conditioning!! For 1 year at this location, I would have had bed bugs.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Thwill
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We chose the Winchester Motel based on previous Trip Advisor reviews and found it to be a friendly, basic motel with mostly updated rooms -- fine for a night in transit. It looks like a standard, older mom-and-pop motel on the outside, but rooms are clean and sufficient, and the location downtown, near the town park and river walk, is great. The only real downside was the far-from-appealing continental breakfast. It consisted mostly of processed junk pastry desserts like pink coconut-covered 'snowballs' and Twinkie-type treats, highly processed bagels with margarine, orange 'drink' (rather than real orange juice), and old, withered apples and oranges that must have been sitting out for days. While there were a couple kinds of dry cereal and oatmeal packets, there was no milk anywhere to be seen, either for cereal or coffee. For a small outlay, the owners could quickly improve the breakfast which would add a lot to one's impression of a stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We're excited to let you know we're under new management and that we're improving our breakfast. Thanks to our customers input we can try a new variety of items and see what's your favorite for breakfast! :-)

Reviewed 1 August 2011

This place is very old and has no a/c. Staff is rude about it. Not for summer travelers.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank bubba2244

We're truly sorry about your bad experience here at the Winchester...We're under new management and want to make sure your stay is enjoyable and not the opposite! We hope that you give us another chance when you're in the area, we'll do our best!

Reviewed 24 June 2011

What a nice place! Thanks Antonio for making everything a pleasant as it could be. Our group had to stay an extra day because of weather and the management did a great job in getting us an extra night. Rooms where cleaned everyday, and I loved the little samples that were left in our rooms!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends