“Small but very pretty lake”

Harvey Gap State Park
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Rifle
Detroit, Michigan
129 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Small but very pretty lake”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Harvey Gap twice. Once I rode my bike there. It was a great place to take a break and swim. The other time I came from above on the state land. It was off to the back of the lake where there is a water fall. Very pretty, both times.

Grand Junction, Colorado
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Beautiful Picnic / Day Use”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our first time to Harvey Gap over the 4th + it was just what we were looking for. Nice, cool breeze on a hot day by the shore line, not too crowded and beautiful turquoise water. Not too far from the Interstate = a great little place for a picnic, to fish or take your dingy!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Pretty Lake!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stopped and had a picnic here recently and were very pleased. It's one of the prettiest lakes I've seen in Colorado, with beautiful turquoise water. We did not go swimming. It does have a small swim beach. There were a lot of people on the water with paddle boards, rafts, etc., and it looked like a lot of fun. There are plenty of shaded picnic areas along the lakeshore. It was an enjoyable place to cool off on a hot day. We took a short hike along one side of the lake. It looked like it's possible to hike around the entire lake.

1 Thank kinglm
Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Beautiful park”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed here two nights on our way to San Diego and the site we had overlooking the lake was beautiful, The lake was down quite a bit, maybe 15-20 feet but it was still huge. The swimming area was closed for the season but there were people skiing and fishing on the lake and I did hear dogs barking.

The boat launch is very big and looks nice though I didn't need it. The campsites throughout the park were very nice. We drove up to Rifle Falls to look around and the trails and falls were nice, the campsites here were a little closer together but the sound of the falls would have been nice to sleep to.

A little further up the road was the wilderness area, I recommend going up there if you have a vehicle that can handle it. It was well worth the drive, we made it up to 9000' before we turned back to avoid the cows in the road.

Visited August 2013
Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Not for pet owners”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We travel with our small dog and enjoyed the drive through the park. The park is beautiful and we would have spent more time - my husband would have done some fishing - however - no dogs allowed, so we left was sooner than intended.

Visited May 2013