“Not my best experience at Farm Fresh”
Review of Farm Fresh Cafe

Farm Fresh Cafe
Ranked #29 of 41 Restaurants in Rifle
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Farm Fresh Cafe is a totally unique restaurant. Most Produce comes from Eagle Springs Organic. Our on site butcher shop cuts fresh steaks daily. Take home our meats and produce from our year round farmers market We also process wild game and have a shuttle bus to local hotels 27 foot bar and 10 large screen TVs and 2 projection TVs (300 inches) Sportsbar, Steakhouse, Dance Club, Party Room all in one we can cater to groups to 400 plus
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The service was excellent. The waitress made sure that we had everything we needed and that we had enough beverages. The food and the wait time was a little ridiculous. I got the Salmon and there was no taste to it was so ever. I have have had excellent burgers and ribs there, but I definitely would not recommend the salmon. We also waited quite a while to receive our food.

FreshOrganic, Manager at Farm Fresh Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your salmon. I showed your comments to our new chef and discussed how he was preparing the dish, and the need for either more spices or adding a dill, blackened or other sauce to add to the flavor. I am sure the next time you have our salmon, you will see the difference and enjoy it. Please let me know.

Thank you for your continued patronage. We are changing our menu, adding more steaks and
adding some new items to the menu.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed our breakfast last month. Sure they were just a bit slow, because the place was packed! If your looking for great food in Rifle this is your place. If you want 5 star service go to the Ritz Carlton near Avon and pay for it. If you want great food at a great price try this restaurant.

FreshOrganic, Owner at Farm Fresh Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

I am happy that you enjoyed your food at Farm Fresh Café and Steakhouse Please come back next time you are in town.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This place purports to be " farm fresh" but I doubt it. Burger & Reuben were ok, not great, tho at least the meat seemed fresh (& is supposed to be locally sourced). Everything else was pretty bad, including the fries, the burrito & so on. The "salad bar" was small, the produce spare & old-looking (anything BUT fresh from the farm). The service was spotty at best. Our waitress brought a plastic thing of ketchup that was almost empty. When I had to go find her to ask for a different bottle of ketchup she actually brought two others, both of them also nearly empty. Really? The "cafe" itself (there's a "steak house" on the other side of a metal room divider) is bright, loud, uncomfortable. All in all a disappointing, non-relaxing experience & we won't go again.

2  Thank JamaisVu
cookiemonsterAspen, Manager at Farm Fresh Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

We are sorry that you feel that the salad bar is not from our farm, however we are growing all of our tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers... on our farm, also our meats are cut fresh daily by our in house butcher. Including our ribs, and chicken, which you cannot compare to any other restaurant in town.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I got the chili burger which was pretty good but my wife got the nachos and they were covered in nasty "cheese sauce". Not farm fresh cheese, but bright yellow full of food coloring and preservatives. Most expensive gas station type nachos we have ever had. Wish we would have tried rib city.

3  Thank beckiminboulder
cookiemonsterAspen, Manager at Farm Fresh Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Out of your 6 reviews, you have 4 terrible. We hope you try us again and enjoy like thousands of others before you

Reviewed 2 June 2014

A few co-workers and I took our Boss out for lunch on his last day and made the mistake of choosing this restaurant. We arrived at 12:15 and ordered by 12:25. We did not get our food until 1:15 and did not even get drink refills until 2 of us went up and complained at the half hour mark. When my burger came it did not have the fries I ordered and 5 minutes later I was served soggy half done fries - inedible. I complained and she said she would tell the cooks, but I was not given anything else. The waitress had told us the meal would be comped bu then we were given a bill with only a 25% discount and the manager acted like we were trying to rip him off when we complained about this and the waitress was surly. All in all - poor service, mediocre food, rude manager and an inexcusable wait!

4  Thank Evelyn T
cookiemonsterAspen, Manager at Farm Fresh Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Your review is very interesting considering all 5 of your co workers all said that their food was good. They appeared embarrassed with your ranting and raving, even after you ate your whole meal with the exception of 4 French fries. You were told when you were seated that there would be a longer than normal wait, because in addition to our regular tables, a party of 10 and two parties of 4 were just seated in front of you. I hope that if you come back again, you will enjoy your meal as you co workers did.