“Friendly very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Eatery - CLOSED

The Eatery
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Seating
Salida, Colorado
“Friendly very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Nice menu with daily specials. Open for breakfast ( really great) and lunch. Nice owner operated restaurant with full menu at reasonable prices. Comfortable seating at both booths and tables.

• Visited October 2013

Nathrop, Colorado
“This is our breakfast spot in Salida”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

This is where we go for breakfast in Salida rather than where "all the locals" go. We are local and this is where we go. It is nothing special but we like it. All the sayings on the walls are fun to read. The eggs are perfectly cooked the way I like them, pancakes are great, service is fine, coffee is excellent. We go here all the time. Patio Pancake place--once.

Visited September 2013
Paonia
“Top notch omelet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

This older restaurant is up for sale, so might not be there long. I ordered an omelet, it was terrific, quick to the table, and the wait staff were truly competent. I loved the not greasy hash browns. The coffee was a bit low test for my Starbucks taste, but not bad.

Visited August 2013
“Great diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Looks like a breakfast and lunch place. Had a simple but very delicious meal. My companion and I were very pleased with our selections and the service. Such a cute decor!

Visited June 2013
Fountain, Co
“Not great at all”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Their omelets looked very tasty but my huevos rancheros wasn't much to write home about. It was a "tortilla topped with refried beans, two eggs, green chili sauce (not a piece of "green" anywhere to be seen or taste), onions and cheese". However, the "onions" consisted of eight tiny pieces of chopped fresh onion and a sprinkling of finely grated cheese. Served on a melamine/plastic plate which I didn't like as I could see scratches from past users which didn't look too sanitory to me. There was also a little salad of greens and tomato, but I don't like salad for breakfast. My meal was lukewarm and any "heat" from the chili was non-existent. If I didn't douse my meal in green Tabasco, it would have been beyond bland. The refried beans dominated the dish but my eggs were perfect. At $7 I thought it over-priced. Also, $2 a cup of coffee or tea (with free refills) was outrageously expensive I thought. Perhaps I should have chosen something else from the menu like a Hearty Breakfast (flat iron steak, or pork chop, or chicken fried steak and gravy, or even corned beef and hash!) or pancakes. The booth seats were very uncomfortable and I felt as though I was sitting on the floor so I moved to a table. I should have done my homework and checked things out beforehand.

• Visited September 2012