“Outstanding...I can't believe I hadn't been here sooner”
Review of Boathouse Cantina

Boathouse Cantina
Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Description: At Boathouse Cantina in Salida, CO we believe in supporting our local businesses and local artists. That's why we only serve the freshest local organic produce.
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Someone had once told me the Boathouse wasn't that great...so i kinda put it on the back burner. I wish I hadn't and I'm glad I didn't write it off entirely. It was outstanding. A very simple dinner...fish tacos...but they were superb...the sauce, the salsa, and even the potato chips, too. I had a bite of the carne asada tacos and they were excellent as well. I can't wait to return to try the portabella sandwich. Even the burger menu looked terrific. The margarita selection was not all that long....but I had some concotion of lime and cucumber of all things (like the Gatorade) that was really smooth. The service was extremely attentive, prompt, and friendly...and we were there during dinner, it was quite busy. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Boathouse Cantina

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

My wife, child, and I went to salida for a four day weekend and visited many of the local restaurants in town and none of them even came close to the service as well as the food. Our food was delicious and far exceeded our expectations! We actually ate there 4 times during our visit! Our bartender/server I believe her name was becca and another friendly bartender kevin...They were knowledgeable and super friendly! We moved to a table and becca took care of us throughout our meal. We thoroughly enjoyed her friendly and prompt service! We will definitely be coming back!!! Thanks again boathouse for an awesome visit!

1  Thank rsmith20
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We made a reservation because it was Valentine's Day evening!! We had a great table, the service was great and so was the food, fresh and great flavors!!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Kevin the guy behind the counter is friendly. Met a few locals while trying "Elevation" microbrews. I believe Kevin said that Elevation is a local, but unaffiliated to their bar.
I w there in January so all the action is indoor. They have a nice deck, overlooking the Arkansas River. I bet the deck would be a great summertime spot.
A little pricey but not extravagant.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

New to town, I've relied heavily on TripAdvisor reviews to get a feel for what places I'd like to try. I had seen Boathouse on the list and thought it would be up my alley as I prefer a laid back, casual atmosphere.

Having twenty beers on tap to choose from was fun and exciting. Our bartender, Misty, was very knowledgeable and friendly in guiding me and a friend to our choices. We had an order of stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and they were hot and delicious! We moved from the bar to a table for dinner and Frankie was our waitress. She helped us decide on chicken strips and the chicken club sandwich, both were filling and tasty. She checked on us multiple times and kept our beers full. I'm surprised by the reviews of spotty service as everyone I encountered was very helpful.

Boathouse will be my go-to spot when friends or family are in town. It has a fantastic variety of food and drinks and the views are killer.