“Great place!”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great place!”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed on a spontaneous trip....for the weekend with our 5 year old son. Our dogs were welcomed....which was wonderful.
Room was spacious, clean and the famous Hampton beds......The pool was way to much fun for our family, and the hot tub was HOT!!!! Love it. Cannot wait to PLAN our next trip to Salida......we know where we are staying

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
CO
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We got this hotel on a super deal and it was a really nice hotel at any price. Rooms were big, bathroom was nice, bed was super comfy. Had to be the best hotel deal ever. Breakfast was just ok, but we are picky eaters - others may love it. But for the price, really quite amazing. Very new so everything was in excellent condition. And they even have 2 bikes (trikes actually) to borrow that were super fun.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bikesue
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel last weekend, our second stay at this hotel. We travel to Salida often for fly fishing and have stayed at several other hotels in Salida. Once we found this Hampton Inn we decided this is where we'll go whenever in the area. The hotel is new, immaculant, and great decor. The suites are awesome, roomy, micro/fridge/bar sink. The most comfortable bed and the the room was spotless! The best part is you get a lot of bang for your buck. We find the negative reviews suspicious and untrue. Happy trails, Joanie & Ken

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I like Hampton Inns. I wanted to like this place, sadly I could not. Let's start with the negative (but get on to the positive later):

Firstly the TV alarm went off at 05:30am. None of our family set this, it was obviously a legacy from a previous occupant. I am used to hotels of this class centrally resetting alarms after every stay, this was not appreciated.

Then at 06:15am the same day the fire alarm went off (due to a burnt bagel as we found out later). Other regulars here (working in construction) informed us afterwards that this was a not uncommon occurrence. Given modern alarms of screaming horns and flashing lights we had two very shocked children (and adults not much better).

Swimming in the pool later in the day the "hot tub" was FREEZING. It was far colder than the main pool which was at a fine, albeit cool temperature. So no lazing around to recover from the shattered early sleep.

Later again we returned to our room to find it had not been made up, a man was dispatched to help bring us some clean towels, but that was it.

The wifi also only worked in the main reception area, but up the corridor to our rooms there was no reception. Again not what I expect from a Hampton.

Tired and irascible we were glad to leave the day after. I should have had it out with the manager but was in the wrong frame of mind. I noted that there was no direct apology for any of the incidents, just a general "oops!".

On the positive side the rooms were INITIALLY clean, the breakfast was fine and amenities like washing machines worked. Sadly I would not stay here again, they have failed in too many areas. I normally feel I err in giving out too many good reviews. This is a well and truly earned 2/5.

Room Tip: If you want wifi get a room near reception
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank YBOD98

Travellers are raving about these Salida hotels

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We loved this hotel! One of the finest by far. We stayed in this hotel for a conference earlier this year. Every hotel staff person I encounter, practices warm hospitality and gracious service. Very accommodating to our needs, also very beautiful and modern.The breakfast was also very good. I would definitely stay there again if future plans called for it and would recommend to others.
NO complains.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I recently stayed here because I had heard such great things about the new hotel in Salida. Upon entering the property, I noticed how clean and inviting the lobby was. Before I could even say anything to the front desk staff, another guest beat me to it, saying that this was the "nicest Hampton he had ever seen." The front desk attendant greeted me with a smile and made sure to give me a room with a beautiful mountain view. She told me about their hot breakfast buffet, with everything from scrambled eggs to waffles to hot oatmeal to fresh coffee! They also had an indoor pool, hot tub, and fitness center. Although these amenities were great, the most pleasant surprise was the phone call I received from the front desk after I got settled in my room. The front desk clerk asked me how my room was and if there was anything else I needed. Wow! I've never had such attentive service before! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Salida area.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are as great as mine was.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Colorado Spring
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed here because we got a group rate, usually we stay at a different name brand hotel down the road. When we checked in I noticed that we only had 1 towel, 1 hand towel & 1 washcloth. So I called the front desk and they said they would send some towels right up. We waited about a half hour then had to go. I thought they'd bring them in while we were gone. When we got back several hours later, still no towels. When we woke at 6:45 I called the front desk and I got the reservation line, I tried calling 0 and also got the reservation line so I told them what was up and THEY called the front desk and had them send up towels. When our towlels arrived they were very generous...NOT! We got 1 more of each. Call me extravegant but I like 1 towel for my hair and 1 for my body. Not today. We made due with what we had. Also whoever made our bed had the top sheet tucked in at about and it only came up to our waists, this was very uncomfortable. Sorry Hampton we'll stay down the road at your less expensive, much more comfortable competitor. Also manager no need to attach a generic reply to this comment like you have previous complaints. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank C2Holm
ardutta15, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salida, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. No, we will not be posting a generic response to your comments, on the contrary we are delighted at the opportunity to leave a personalised feedback for this one as we offered a group rate which we can confidentally say is the lowest rate you will find in Salida as it was even lower than our friends and family rate...and we did this because of the great relationship we share with the employees, resort, management and the ownership you work for and with.

We apologize for the inconveniece you experienced during your stay. We ensure that our rooms are well stocked with all the amenities that guests may require and are always pleased to accomodate any additional and unexpected requests.

Our king room sleeps 2 and therefore we stock our kings rooms with a sets of two, should you have additional guests with you we require that you advise us at the time of check in order to better assist you. We pride in the quality of ameneties we offer compared to the other hotels in Salida but we do realize that we might not be a good fit for guests looking for the most inexpensive hotel and we will be glad to direct you towards the same. We thank you for your business and wish you the best.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites
Monarch Mountain Lodge
Monarch Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Monarch
Baymont Inn & Suites Salida

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Salida? Share your experiences!