“Great hotel close to downtown Salida and outdoor activities.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salida
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Great to stay when going to outdoor activities. 15 minute drive to great skiing, 14er mountain hiking. Close to downtown Salida, with some great small town restaurants and a brewery/pizza place. 45 minute drive to some great white water river rafting on the Arkansas through the Royal Gorge. The hot breakfast included is very nice, great way to start your day before all those outdoor activities.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Salida

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The staff is very helpful and friendly. the rooms are very clean. We experienced problems with the a/c, the fan only had one speed and so the temperature in the room stayed about 76 which was hotter than we liked but we tolerated it as they had no other room that met our needs. They did offer to move us to a smaller room but we chose to stay. the TV had sound but no picture - the girl on staff found a new cable box and so we had TV. The ice machine on our floor didn't work so we had to take the elevator down to the floor below to get ice. We discovered that the bathroom light was out but didn't want to bother the girl on duty as she was doing everything by herself.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn two years ago and just recently stayed another couple of nights. I booked late and ended up paying much more for the room than I would have if I'd booked earlier, but I was appreciative that a room was available because it was last minute and a busy time of year. I rarely eat the breakfasts at these sorts of hotels because I don't find them very good. But the breakfast area is spacious, as is the lobby, and my double queen bed room was large and in good condition. The check-in host was friendly and helpful. I've reviewed some of the so-so and poor recent reviews and I did not have any of the problems described. If I come back to the Salida area to hike again, I'll likely come back here.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Dirty carpet and furnishings, barely functional air conditioning. Windows don't open. Not up to the usual Hampton Inn standards! No regular coffee or cups in the room due to a shortage (poor order planning?). Depleted breakfast items not replenished.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The room stank like smoke and febreeze cover up. No option other than more febreeze was offered. The staff seemed to want to help, but didn't know how. The check-in person had us wait in the lobby while she rebooted the system, and in the meantime a line formed and she took us last. The breakfast is gross, but I didn't expect much, but the staff begins to clean at 9:30, so from that point on things run out and at 10 on the dot the door is closed. It seemed depressing and understaffed. I love hamptons. I won't stay here ever again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I reserved the Hampton, 1 hour away from our activities, in a small town bc it "appreared" nicer than the Best Western, just 5 minutes from our activities. I reserved a room which specified 2 queen beds on the confirmation. The room had full size beds. I was told no other rooms with queens were available. We found a lot (not just a few) of hair on the bathroom floor, upon the first use of the bathroom, upon arrival. We then checked out but was told she could not technically check us out of the system. Apparently she had no authority to do anything. Therefore I had to call in the morning to speak to manager. I called at 7 and was told she would not be in until 9. When I called back about 2pm, I was told she had already left. The young man informed me he was in training for management and assured me we were not charged for the stay.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed in Salida one night with my wife while touring Colorado. Hotel is very nice and hospitable. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable albeit perhaps a little overpriced. Only complaint was that the ice machine on two of the three floors did not work. Very nice breakfast in the morning. Not close to the old part of town. Could have walked but too hot.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oliverpd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites
Best Western Vista Inn
#1 of 3 in Buena Vista
Baymont Inn & Suites Salida
Gateway Inn & Suites Salida

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Salida? Share your experiences!