“Breakfast or Lunch Winner!!”

Patio Pancake Place
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Owned and operated by the same family for over 40 years.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great homestyle cooking for breakfast and/or lunch. Even when the place is crowded, the line moves very quickly. Service is super fast and the staff is very friendly. Great food! The Patio Melt is my favorite, the Frankie breakfast burrito is a must-have, and the french fries are the best I have ever had! Company comes to visit, this is the first place we always take them!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The place packs out pretty fast but the staff takes care of business. They clean, take orders, get the food out and fill glasses.. all with a great smile… Great prices.. quality of food is very good.. we eat there every Breakfast that we stay in town for the day.. Yummmmmy.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife had a minor surgery and couldn't eat before. When all was accomplished at the hospital, I asked if she wanted breakfast. Yes! Patio Pancake, liI had green chili with a side of German Sausage and my wife Huevos Rancheros. The service was prompt despite the usual busy ness of this excellent restaurant.
Great start to a day of recovery.
TIP: Unless you've not eaten in a week order the half order of everything. The portions are HUGE!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very friendly fast service. There was a line even though it was Wednesday morning, but the line moved amazingly quickly.

Coffee was excellent -- my wife loved it. But food was something of a disappointment. My french toast was definitely mediocre. My wife ordered silver dollar pancakes. What she got was small regular pancakes, while we think of a silver dollar pancake as thinner and crisper. Her German sausage was pressed thin and cooked to a crisp throughout -- definitely not what we are used to with sausage.

Perhaps we would have been more pleased if we had gone with the regular pancakes.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Quite a wait, which was not a surprise. That said food was okay. Coffee was weak, mugs were cute. Pancake good but nothing special. Instead of butter, country crock spread offered, not what you expect in a family place. Real butter needs to be offered. Omelette really very average, not all that big or noteworthy. Green chili on burrito seemed out of can. Hash-browns burnt on edge, gooey elsewhere. Final thought not worth wait.

1  Thank Erich M