“A great place to eat in Salida”
Review of The Fritz

The Fritz
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My family and I have eaten here twice over a one-year period. Both meals consisted of very good food, both in terms of taste, freshness, and quality. Excellent beers on tap and a very good desserts. Both times, we ate outdoors and were served by the owner/chief chef. He's a bit taciturn, but friendly enough, and his recommendations were spot-on.

We'll likely return to "The Fritz" when we come back to Salida. One of the best restaurants in town.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Wonderful experience.... great service and great food.... wonderful selection of very pleasing Tapas.... perfectly prepared and served.... definately a place for the traveler to stop at....too bad more restaurants dont offer Tapas dinning as an option... this place is a must when visiting Salida...

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a great place because they serve small plates so you can get several things and share. No reservations and a very popular place so get early or expect a wait (small place too).

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We came down for FIBark 2014 and decided to come here because it didn't have a cover charge to enter the bar, like the next door bar did during the festival weekend. We sat down and ordered beers and had a great night. the mixed drink that one of my friends order was awful. I don't recall what the name was, but she said that she had ordered it at multiple different bars and never ever not liked it. The beer was tasty but after I caught a glimpse of how the bartender was washing their glasses I was sick to my stomach. He just threw it in some soapy water and shoved it in a brush and dried it. I picked up the glass that I was drinking from and looked around the rim and saw many faded lip marks. I walked out immediately. Never going again. Don't even want to give the food a try. Should have paid a cover charge next door and NOT shared a glass with 500 other folks.

2  Thank lovemylambo
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Being a local, I thought I would probably rate this higher, but to be honest the other night the Fritz didn't come through. I have frequented this establishment several times and usually find it a rating of 4. Most of the entrees served at our table were bland and sparse. My specialty hamburger was over cooked and dry. The location is great right across from the park. Both indoor and outdoor seating is available and if its a nice evening I would recommend the outdoor seating. The beer menu, some of which are local, is limited. Waitstaff is quite efficient and friendly. That being said, I do recommend this establishment...maybe they were just having an off day.