“Good Deal”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Good deal. Limited Menu. Ate here twice. Steak perfect one night but over cooked the next. All in all it rates a recommendation.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great atmosphere and great service. The steaks were cooked to perfection. No one took home a doggie bag because the food was devoured. I loved that there was not a lot on the menu so it makes for easy quick decisions.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I decided to try this place. The hostess explained the menu and that they were only serving filet since it was Thursday. We tried it. My wife ordered well and I ordered medium well. They came out rare. Waitress sent them back. Just the steak so the potato sat there getting cold. When they came back my wife's was ok and mine was rare in the middle. I wasn't going to send it back again so I ate most of it and I won't return to this place again. I bet the cook had a long night considering heard most people saying no pink. This could be a nice place with a good cook.

antique_seekers, Public Relations Manager at Quincys Steak & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hello Darell. My name is Zach Ellis, the manager at Quincys Steak & Spirits. I wanted to apologize for your unfortunate experience at my establishment. We are currently in a transitional period with our kitchen staff, although we are quickly back on track. However, that isn't an excuse. I'm sorry for your undercooked steak and cold potato. If your back in the area, please stop in and I will personally see to it that you will not only receive a properly cooked steak, but a fine meal and dining experience.
Zach Ellis

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stopped in Salida on the way to the East Coast. Had heard of Quincy's and wanted a steak. I was surprised how limited the menu was, but they had what I wanted and the price was right. I had a 12 oz. filet and it was quite good. I would like to stop by again sometime and try the prime rib. Quincy's is well worth stopping for.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

During the week your only choice is a bacon wrapped filet, on weekends, prime rib. Since is was a Thursday your only option is how you want the steak cooked and what you want on your baked potato. The salad is bagged and I couldn't quite place the flavor of the dressing. The steak was mostly properly cooked but chewy and the baked potato delicious, Bread comes on your plate, 1 slice of a baguette with a wrapped pat of butter. Since there was butter on the potato I couldn't figure why a wrapped pat for the bread. It is a cheap meal, but Del Frisco's it's not.