“Good Food Down By the River”
Review of River's Edge - CLOSED

River's Edge
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rivers Edge is a full service restaurant and bar on the banks of the Arkansas River! At Rivers Edge we have gorgeous outdoor patios for guests to enjoy. Our table seating and couches are cozied up to handcrafted propane fireplaces for a fantastic year-round riverside dining experience.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Dining under the arched roof or in one of the outside tables on the patio could not be a better place for relaxing and watching the river roll by. The Pulled Pork and Pulled Chicken sandwiches are delicious. The Cuban Sandwich is also an excellent choice. Waitstaff is friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Being by the river is pretty much all this place has to offer. I ordered a burger for my kids and a gyros for me. The lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle were stacked on top of each other for the burger. My kids ate both pickles and to my disbelief revealed moldy onions and super bruised and slimy lettuce! I was very concerned about eating my gyros that had onion all chopped up in it too. The manager tried to tell me that my "chopped" onions were safe and not the same as the "sliced" ones that were on my kids plates. Right. I will say they were very apologetic, which was appreciated. However, I will not be going back to eat there to gamble with my health.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

its a nice looking place with the river right behind. clean wood floors and nice, informative help. i tried the gyros with a side salad and blueberry pie for dessert. the sandwich was tasty but not over sized, so in the long run i had room to eat the pie. the salad was a go-with side so i didnt have to pay extra. you have a choice of many items for a side. my salad was the nice surprise with nuts, no tomatoes and i requested the smokey ranch dressing...please dont miss the dressing. it was a treat. the blueberry pie was very good and fairly priced at $3. i was disappointed that it wasnt homemade tho.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Nice area to sit and enjoy the view out by the river, service pretty good..but the fries, were awesome! Nice, casual place off the Main Street..go and enjoy

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We made reservations several days in advance for a party of 12 and wanted to try out this place given the reviews. Their menu is very limited during the week, which is fine as it was a weeknight, but they were already out of out of their Friday night special, which was BBQ ribs, by 730 pm. The server also informed us they were out of chicken as well. Chicken, really? From the time we placed the order to when the last person seated at our table received his meal it was over an hour. The server brought out our food 1-2 meals at a time over about 15 minutes so some of us were already finishing up when the last people at our table were just getting their food. Unacceptable. The food was decent, once we got it, but I really think waiting over an hour to get a salad, some prime rib sandwiches and pulled pork is excessive. The server was good about keeping our drinks filled but was unapologetic about the time it was taking to get our dinner. I could be a lot more understanding if our party showed up and the staff was asked to serve a large party, but as I mentioned we had a reservation.

This is my first time in Salida during the winter, but do spend quite a bit of time in the area during the summer. I would recommend finding another restaurant. The Boathouse Cantina has similar food and during a visit last summer we had a much better experience.