“Wow.....”

Absolute Bikes Adventures
Ranked #6 of 8 Tours in Salida
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Billerica, Massachusetts
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Wow.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Wow, amazing, beautiful, breath taking......this was one of the best experiences of my life. Our large group (nephew's wedding...ride was for all age levels) did the St. Elmo's to Mt. Princeton bike ride. We had three guides and they were all wonderful, so friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and made the trip so much fun. They made the experience even better than I could have imagined. I will never forget this experience and want to go back to do it again! Absolute Bike Adventures rocks!

Visited August 2013

Encinitas, California, United States
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I did two guided rides with Absolute—the Monarch Crest out and back and the St. Elmos to Alpine Tunnel rides. Both rides were beautiful and more than we could've hoped for. Our guides were really helpful and super professional. Really took the time to tell us about the trail ahead as well as give us history and points of interest. The bikes provided were superb (don't know how i'm ever going to ride my own again) as well as a great lunch.

Can't wait to make it out to Salida to do it all again!

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Unbelievable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

One of the most memorable experiences of all our lives. Myself and four friends from England (although we are now all dotted across the globe) did the ride with Scott - who is probably the coolest, nicest guide you could hope to meet - and will never forget it. It was a huge challenge (but apparently you can choose easier routes), our lungs felt like they were going to explode on the way up, but the sense of achieve and gratification is hard to describe. The landscape changes as you ascend past 12,000ft - so much so that we likened it to Frodo's journey in 'Lord of the Rings'. We started off in arid, high desert, climbed up rocky mountains through to snow capped peaks (we picked up our bikes and walked through the drifts) and descended through trees and streams , whilst passing lakes along the way; it was breathtaking.
Truly one of the greatest experiences of our all our lives - and, without sounding pretentious -we're a pretty well travelled group. Scott was awesome but everyone at Absolute Bikes deserves praise for running such a great trip. The bikes were fantastic, the food they packed for us was far better than you'd imagine and everything was put in place for us to concentrate on the challenge ahead and just enjoy the experience. We'll never forget it. Thanks.

'The Rutland Boys'

Visited June 2013
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“One problem....I have to come back :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I live in the damp, cool and relatively low country of the UK and for the past 20 years have been a keen mountain biker. Colorado riding has always been on my wish list given the heritage created in the 90's when mountain biking just exploded with innovation and characters. Well I booked a guided ride, with lovely Yeti hire bike and arranged to ride the Colorado trail. So Absolute bikes has to be one of the coolest bike shops on the planet - loads of heritage bikes and gear on the walls plus a ton of lovely new stuff to buy, the Colorado trail proved to be everything I had hoped for, great technical, challenging riding, beautiful Colorado mountain views and quiet trails. However, the best part of the trip was Earl, my guide, he raced in the 90's with all the greats so he can ride! but he was patient as I got to grips with the bike and trail, he was encouraging all the way, he knew stuff about the area, the wildlife and was brilliant company - it was like riding with a best buddy - awesome.
If you want to ride to your own limits and test yourself a little whilst having a blast book a guided ride with Earl and Absolute bikes - they are brilliant, the only problem I have now is that I will have to return to experience the Monarch Crest :)

Visited June 2013

Been to Absolute Bikes Adventures? Share your experiences!