“Great, clean & affordable motel”
Review of Circle R Motel

Circle R Motel
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I stayed in Salida during my roadtrip in June 2011 for one night. As I prefer these small family owned motels where I can park my car right in front of the room, I decided to take a closer look at the Circle R Motel. The motel looked very nice, rates were great and the owners, Pam and Lee, where extremly friendly and helpful! So I decided to stay there and I can highly recommend this motel. My room was very clean and I had everything I needed including free WiFi and my room was very quiet, haven't heard anything from my neighbors. There is a hot tub and a laundry which is very useful. I felt very welcomed in the Circle R Motel and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Daniela G

Reviewed 13 August 2011

We had read the reviews of this motel and decided that it was worth a try. We contacted the owners Pam and Lee by e-mail getting the price and then making reservations. I had asked if our room came with a fridge and was told that if we wanted one, they would sure put one in our room for us, which they did! They even offered to make dinner reservations for us that night when we arrived. Very hospitable owners for sure! It is a well run motel with very clean rooms and a great price. Our room was only $79.00 a night and I had checked several in the area which were at least ten dollars higher a night. The rooms take you back to when you were a kid and on vacation with your family, very vintage 50's style so don't expect the little soaps and shampoo's that the other motels certainly charge you for. They provide a nice liquid/lotion soap by the sink and in the shower which works great. Let me add that they are a very pet friendly motel and we will bring our dog on our next stay there in Salida!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Goldie53
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Well run establishment, historic, 1950's style. Rooms were accomadating and relaxing. The management were very nice and made every effort to insure a plesent stay. The hot tub made for an unimaginable end of day treat. This is the last of the true mom and pops motels in the southwest!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 1 May 2011

The room seemed dingy and unclean, and we found a flea in the bathroom. On a more positive note, the owner was really friendly.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank corona_016
circler, Owner at Circle R Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

This reviewer says the room "seemed" dingy and unclean. Either it was or it was not. How do we know those people didn't bring the "flea" in themselves. Or was there even a flea. We get frustrated when people don't talk to us but rather leave the motel and write bad reviews on trip advisor. The three reviews before this were all great reviews. Not counting the hundreds of people who come back time and time again. Like Martha coming today from Texas - who comes every year - and has for the last eight years.

Reviewed 16 February 2011

My firend John and I stayed for 3 days to Go Deer Hunting. When we met Lee at the Motel it was as if we knew him all our lives and that we were staying with a good Friend.

We actually harvested a Buck Deer and Lee let us Hang it in His Garage over night until we Left the following day. I'm going to book a room with the Circle R Motel this Hunting trip in November and my friend John agrees that it's the right place to stay.

In fact after John met Lee and his Wife he said to me, Man you really picked the right place to stay They are great people!!!

We Thank you Lee and your Wife for all your Help and really do appreciate it. We would recommend your Motel to anyone and all our friends. Thanks for a great trip. Respectfully, John Mongello from Milliken Colorado.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I have been staying at the Circle-R for a number of years on numerous fishing trips with my son,friends and often by myself. It is like a home away from home. Lee and Pam are the nicest couple you could know. Yes, the place is dated, but in response to some complaints about the quality of stay, I would like to say that life and making a living in a place like Salida is challenging at best and they try very hard to do the best they can for themselves and their guests. I could stay at nicer places, but at what cost? I look forward to having a beer again with Lee come next Spring. Thanks...Doug from Lakewood

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I stayed here one time when I was driving from Durango to Denver. My room had hardwood floors. It didn't feel like one of those stupid chain motels; but, it was very clean and affordable.

I'll stay there again the next chance I get. There are a lot of really cool attractions around salida.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple