“Comfortable place”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Cottonwood Falls, Kansas
“Comfortable place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Owners made us feel right at home. Travelling by Motorcycle, Lee accomodated us with everything from old rags to clean up with, to a cooler loaded with ice for our evening beverages. Comfortable bed, clean room, and good coffee in the morning!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We are not really picky and at least this was clean. That's what is most important. We were just stopping overnight on a road trip. I like to plan my next day though and I was thwarted here as the wifi did not work. That's really my only complaint. But for me, it was big.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Was on our way home and const drive anymore. Stopped here out of the blue and got lucky they had a room. Stayed in room B. The towels were new and they were awesome. Had a fridge in the room. No breakfast but they do offer coffee and it was good. I think the best part of the stay was speaking to the owner Lee. He is a very nice man. Thanks for the wonderful stay. If I am back in the area I would stay again. Very impressed for an older motel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nick M
Pleasantville, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

It is old motel, however it has been painted and well cared for. linens and towels were nicest and heaviest thread count we have ever enjoyed. Lee takes very good care of the hot tub! Our grandchildren and us thoroughly enjoyed our stay for two nights!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Salida, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stay at this great little place cause the rooms are clean and neat. The owners Pam and Lee are great people with a sense of humor that is relaxing. They are easy going fun owners who are nice and friendly and know how to treat people. I pay every two weeks and they work with people who are honest. The reviews I have read are all from people who want a gold lined life. Thank you Pam and Lee you are great people with big hearts.

Room Tip: Just ask owners Pam and Lee they know what they are doing. Very knowledgeable
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Festus, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We booked a family suite 3 weeks ago through Expedia. When we arrived we were told Expedia made a mistake, the room was already booked, and we were given the wrong price. She then offered me two rooms at regular price, twice what we had agreed to pay. I called Expedia and the story did not check out. We found a much nicer place for the same "new" price we were being asked to pay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Salida hotels

Colorado springs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We overpaid for this place. We don't normally stay in nice hotels, but I almost left and paid for a room somewhere else. It seemed dirty, old, and scary. And it wasn't even that cheap! I was quite uncomfortable the whole time. I didn't even want to take a shower because I'd have to be barefoot in that bathroom and use their questionable towels. The hot tub in the parking lot should have tipped me off when we first got there, but like I said I'm not used to nice places, so I gave it a chance. I was glad when the night was over and we could leave.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple