“Excellent Food”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Shallots is a modern American cafe that focuses on quality food and cocktails at a great price. We strive to keep our food and cocktails fresh and interesting, with an emphasis on quality service.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The food and drinks here are very good - however, it was a little pricey. My son loved his pot stickers, I had the red snapper and a salad which was excellent also.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were looking forward to a lovely dinner, the restaurant wasn't crowded and the menu looked good. We ordered appetizers which came out in a timely manner and were good. Then we waited 40 minutes for our dinner salads which were so watery that we had to drain them onto a separate plate. The dressings were good though. Then we waited for 15 more minutes to get our entrees. Our waitress didn't check in with us but other servers were filling our waters etc. We were a party of seven and some of the entrees were cooked properly and some were not. My steak was very good, however my son's shrimp was frozen and husband's steak was cold. There are things on the menu that could be explained with more detail. My daughter ordered her pasta puttanesca with no olives and it came with olives, and mushrooms(which was not stated on the menu). The 3 cheese pasta has bacon in it which is not stated and my son is a vegetarian. Disappointing experience! If the restaurant had been crowded, I would have been more understanding, but it wasn't.

4  Thank Mele818
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We ordered the baked scampi, which was wrapped in provolone and prosciutto in a green olive oil sauce that was to die for. We also ordered the trout baked with pine nuts in a light bechemel...another winner. The vegetables were lightly steamed and had a cheese topping. There was also a spear of tomatoes, basil and baby mozzarella ball drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Both dishes together came to $37...beat THAT! The best dinner all week. the wine selection was, of course, full of great selections and the mixologist at the bar is a magician.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have now eaten at Shallots several times both dinner and lunch. The restaurant is in an older restored building. I love the environment. Locally owned with lots of variety on the menu. On our various visits the past couple of years we have sampled much of the menu. Lots of variety with original dishes sprinkled throughout. The bar menu is varied and quite but he wine list could use some additions.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I love the food and people here one of the best restaurants in town! Great Food amazing drinks and service!