“Delightful creekside patio.”

Ranked #24 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I drove by on my way into Salida after a morning of hiking, and after checking Trip Advisor reviews (thanks everyone!), I decided to give this place a try. The exterior doesn't reveal the promise of this tasty gem. I enjoyed the patio, and although most of the tables don't have a direct view of the creek down below, the calming gurgle helped create a great vibe especially on the sunny and breezy summer day I visited.

The burger was yummy, the fries were hot and tasty, and I usually don't gush over salads but who knew how yummy a simple side salad could become when topped with dates? Shut up, I am in!

The service was fantastic, especially because my diet Coke and water were kept topped off despite my thirsty post-hike repeated draining of both glasses.

I finished my meal with a browse through the adjacent gift shop and feel certain I'll be back to enjoy the food, the ambiance, and the service again.

2  Thank RipplesGuy

Reviewed 19 June 2014

On our way to Santa Fe from Cheyenne, we found this delightful little cafe just off Hwy 50. It was a beautiful day so we sat on the outside patio and enjoyed listening to the sound of the creek. They make a very tasty seafood chowder -- not too thick with cream and plenty of clams in every bite. We also enjoyed their fajita quesadilla.

1  Thank 2tsquared
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This restaurant has really good food. We had a large party so it was difficult for them to serve all of us. We sat at 7p and food didn't arrive until 9p. However, we knew t his going in. The food itself was delicious so if you have a small party, it's worth it.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I went to celebrate a birthday. I enjoyed my Twisted Cork burger (I love garlic) and my wife enjoyed her salad. Good Meal for the price.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Always wanted to try this place. Stopped by for lunch. Great menu, lots of variety. Sat on the patio. Good service. My husband had the mushroom swiss burger and he said it was the best! I had the portobello spinach quesadilla. Fantastic.

1  Thank Shantima