“Find Your Place on the Arkansas”
Review of Riverside Park

Riverside Park
Ranked #2 of 34 things to do in Salida
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We live in Salida, and Riverside Park is one of the first places we take all our visitors. There is truly something for everyone--a nice kids playground, a natural setting for concerts and plays, a relaxing walk along the river, a whitewater play area with one of the best play holes in the nation, an easy, paved take out, a perfect picnic location with plenty of eateries close by. While the prohibition on dogs is an inconvenience to some it does protect those who are not dog fanciers and prevents the inconsiderate dog owners who can't be bothered to clean up after Fido from walking away and leaving the mess for others to clean or grandkids to discover. Street parking is limited, but there are free public parking lots near by.

All reviews
"delightful place"
"nice walkway"
"lots of picnic tables"
in 2 reviews
"provide plenty of shade"

Reviewed 25 June 2018

What a great park. Gorgeous view of the river, a great playground shade and a nice cool walk. We even had Shakespeare at the bad view!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Great place to gather whether just on a walk thru town or attending a festival. Nearly year round you can watch Kayaks, Paddle Boards, River Rafts headed down the Arkansas. Awesome.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Last summer I came to Salida with my dogs and most places were dog friendly. Now I'm seeing NO PETS ALLOWED at the parks. Trouble is I wanted to go to the farmers market at Alpine park and was basically ran out of there. Now I'm illegally enjoying the Arkansas with my dogs. This sucks Salida!!!

1  Thank Juliet P