“Great Relaxing Stay”

Budget Lodge
Budget Lodge
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The owners have done a great job remodeling an older motel. They have added a touch of Colorado decor to the rooms which is what we enjoyed. We stayed in Room #2 which had plenty of room for the three of us. The rooms were very clean and we enjoyed the convenience of the yard which enabled us to sit out and enjoy the breeze in the evenings. The facility has a laundry room which was a nice touch after being away from home for several days. The motel is also a short drive to the downtown area which we enjoyed. We went on vacation to have a quiet relaxing vacation in the mountains and Budget Motel provided us a clean room away from the madness. Another nice touch was the motel is American owned and operated!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Ahooper

Reviewed 18 August 2010

I am all in favor of budget motels, as long as they are clean and have the basics that are needed for comfort. However, this was absolutely the worst motel I've ever stayed in -- I can't believe anyone could give it a good review. First, our room (#9) was so tiny there was barely room to walk around the one queen-sized bed. I had never seen such a tiny room! There was no chair, no table, no place to put any of our stuff. I also found it incredible that there was no electrical outlet in the bathroom. To make matters worse, the single little bottle of shampoo that was in the bathroom when we checked in had already been partially used! We paid in advance for 2 nights, and when we returned to our room on the second evening after being out all day, the room was exactly as we had left it in the morning -- no one had come in to make the bed, clean up the bathroom, or anything. However, they DID come in during the day to turn off the air conditioning, which we had left on so that we wouldn't come back to a hot room in the evening. This place is the bottom of the barrel -- stay away!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank goodeye67
Reviewed 21 June 2010

If you don't mind taking turns walking in the room then this is the place for you. They advertise 'newly remodeled', but putting a new bedspread on over the old threadbare sheets is not a make over. The room literally has less than a foot on each side of the bed and the door to the bathroom is on one side, but the carpet on the floor doesn't reach the walls, the new A/C units render the window useless - you can't open it for fresh air, the bathroom make over must have been done by an apprentice as the most horrific sound occurs after flushing the toilet and the tiles appeard to be cut to size after they were installed so you can see the blade marks on the door jam. Yes it is the cheapest place in Salida, that would by why people actually live in the rooms - not just those passing through town.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dvance
Reviewed 20 May 2009

My wife and I were just traveling through the town when we decided to stay at the Budget Lodge. It was very clean and cozy. They had a great backyard with a bbq. After we had our bbq we sat on the swing for hours just enjoying the view and peacefulness. This will always be our destination for the future. We just loved it

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank compdad
Reviewed 17 October 2008

I found this motel to be very desirable. It was located close to all that we wanted to do. It was extremely clean and very affordable. I will make it my place to stay every time I visit the salida area. Thanks for a great get-a-way.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank travler619
Reviewed 17 November 2007

When I travel, I'm mostly looking for a clean, no frills place to shower, sleep and brush my teeth. I prefer local properties where you feel the owner's presence and pride. In Salida, I would recommend the Budget Lodge for this kind of experience. Despite arriving very late, I was greeted by a friendly face. Check-in was very speedy and with parking right in front of the door, I was in my room quickly. The room was furnished simply with furniture similar to what you might find at your grandmother's house. Both the room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. In the morning I left before anyone was up and checkout was as simple as dropping the key in the provided box. I'd easily recommend this property to anyone who wants their room to be a place to sleep, not the prime destination of their trip.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo