“Cute little place”

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I'm writing this review to tell you that I had a good visit to ski at Monarch, and the price I paid for the room was in line with the product I received. Breakfast was nothing spectacular, and there was a bird chirping in the lobby a bit earlier in the morning than I would have preferred, but I wasn't expecting the Plaza in Manhattan either. Beds were comfy and location was good, the hot tub was just right. Seemed like very good people running the place too!

Room Tip: the 2nd floor for safety in case someone wanted to easily break in to your room? Also further from t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at this Days Inn last May. My husband and I really enjoyed the beautiful décor as soon as we walked in. The owner checked us in and we chatted with him for a short bit. We are from the Midwest and so was he. We checked into our room and were very pleased with the décor and cleanliness. I was limited to what I could eat on the continental breakfast due to a restricted diet but I was very happy that they had hard boiled eggs. They had some other nice sources of protein also. We were very happy with our stay here and would definitely recommend this hotel, as well as stay here again if we were ever in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank horsedoc24
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here so we could ride Monarch for the weekend. Overall it was a great hotel. The hotel is conveniently located on the south side of the highway. Based on previous tripadvisor reviews I had requested a quiet room. I was glad I did that because the walls were paper thin. Our room was quiet and very adequate. It was nice to have a micro/fridge in the room, we went to Walmart and bought some microwave popcorn to enjoy in the evenings. The owner/manager (I'm guessing) was wonderful! He was super friendly and helpful, he made check-in a breeze and kept breakfast stocked during the morning rush. I will definitely stay here again if I need a room in Salida.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and they will do their best to accomodate.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family