“Only non smoking hotel in town”
Review of Browns Canyon Inn

Browns Canyon Inn
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed 17 August 2009

This is an ok spot. Its not exceptional, but it is comfortable and clean. What sets it apart in Salida is that it is the only non-smoking hotel in town! If that matters to you, make a statement. Vote with your wallet. By the way, if you stay here, be sure to drive thru historic Salida. It's charming.

Reviewed 10 August 2009

We stayed here recently and had an excellent experience overall. The staff were welcoming and did everything they could to make our stay comfortable. The room was spotless and inviting. The continental breakfast was held in the lobby which is a treat to see as the decor is very creative and the food was fine. We normally do not seek out a Days Inn but based on reviews we read on the Trip Advisor website, we decided to reserve there. We were not disappointed. We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2009

When we went ot check in, the owner, Mark could not find our reservation. I provided him with a confirmation #. He then told us our reservavation was for 6/9 which was the day I called to MAKE a reservation for 7/25. He insisted it was my error. Obvioulsy the gal who I spoke with via phone to make the reservation did not change the date...these things happen. The owner told me they had no rooms so too bad. It would have been nice to have an apology or an offer to help find another room for the night. He raised his voice contiuously insisting our reservation had been for 6 weeks prior. I told him I would be contacting the corporate offices to let them know how poorly the situation had been handled and as I was walking out the door he said," I never want to see your face again!"
Incredible! Needless to say, he doesn't need to woory about that! I cannot speak to the hotel itself as we obviously did not stay there, but the rudeness from the front desk was unbelievable.

1  Thank scwebuck
Reviewed 19 July 2009

Stayed here one night before going rafting on the Arkansas River. More hotel choices and better pricing staying in Salida verses Buena Vista. Excellent shower. Linens and pillows on par with any Four Season I've ever stayed at. Owner's a bit of a character but quite affable.

Reviewed 12 July 2009

We just returned from a motorcycle tour of colorado. We picked this hotel because of the price and were pleasantly suprised when we arrived. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were updated and spotless, and the grounds were beautifully landscaped. For dinner we sat out back and enjoyed pizza under the pergola. Overall this hotel felt like you were staying with friends.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2009

We chose to stay at this Days Inn based on previous reviews. One of the best Day's Inn we have ever stayed in. The owners are a very friendly European couple, and they keep this propery in excellent condition and very clean. There is no pool, but not a problem...there is a fantastic hot spring fed aquatic center nearby. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2009

The owner was friendly and obviously proud of his motel. Overall, the room was fine and the bed was comfortable. My only complaint is that there were no cups in the room; which I found odd. You could get some in the lobby, though.
Also, the hot tub looked nice but was right in the parking lot and not far from the highway. It would be more appealing if it were behind the property and more away from the parking area. I didn't partake in the breakfast so I have no comment on it.
Overall, I was satisfied with my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo