“Surprisingly overpriced for it being off season and everything broken”

American Classic Inn
American Classic Inn
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Grand Cayman
“Surprisingly overpriced for it being off season and everything broken”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Highly overpriced for amenities because all of them were broken. In-room fridge will not turn on, ice machine has no ice, advertised jacuzzi was broken, and wi-fi connection failed because there wasn't any available. 'Snack pop and ice room' doesn't have snacks nor pop. However, front desk gentleman was nice.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This place for 85$ for two people..sucked! The old blue carpet that is out dated and had wrinkles/ dirty! I don't even want to think about the blankets! Like what is on them! Shower is good for a midget, I'm 5'6 and couldn't get my head under it. Bathroom Is dirty. The heat is a joke! No accessible outlets for charging devices.
NO COFFEE POT!! He said its a hazard!! And then the jerk calls at 9:45am to see if we were staying another day, to remind me checkout was at 10am and the housekeeper wants to know so she can clean it! There were ONLY 3 occupied rooms! If you have kids... The play ground equip is from the 70's!! Don't waste your money ! No Internet !

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Sittingstraight

Travellers are raving about these Salida hotels

Alaska
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

This mom-and-pop, motel-style establishment would be a reasonable value at 60 dollars a night, but the owners have figured out that they can charge 120 dollars in trendy Salinas on weekend nights. Room quality, amenities were good for an independent motel.

• Stayed July 2013
SanDiego
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed here last year and am back again (June, 2013)! It is a great choice for a value-minded traveler. My room is very clean, AC works, TV has premium channels, the internet is fast. All of my needs are met. The shower is roomy, works great, towels are chubby. Plus I parked my car with a buncha kayaks on top right outside the door where I don't have to worry about them. There is some traffic noise as it is right along Hiway 50, but nothing out of the ordinary. I have looked at a lot of the other places in Salida and Buena Vista...and this is a great choice!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Arvada, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The only way to describe our stay was HORIBLE!! Rooms are smelly, shower heads are so short even I had to duck, and I am 5'2. Cable my butt! Poor reception, older than dirt TVs. No breakfast like it advertises, no hot tub like advertised either. Oh they have one, but it is "always" being serviced. DO NOT STAY HERE!! They keep the overhead outside lights on all night long, so it is light having the light in your room on all night long. We asked the manager to turn them off and he said NO.

Room Tip: spend a little more and go to a nice hotel..
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dana B
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My family and I were coming to salida for a graduation. We got a great deal at this place as well as a great room. It was very clean, everything inside was new and nice. The bathroom was clean and new as well. It was an awesome place to stay while we were in town. Robert the owner has done a great job in getting this place turned around. I know this cause I stayed in the same place a few years ago and it was run down and old. The place is wonderful now and I know I'll be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This guy is a real handful... Besides talking my ear off for 30 minutes while checking in, Everything was pretty standard for a cheap room ( the tv is really small) . A lot of things i come to expect. But, the next morning provided more interaction with this character( no coffee either). The check out time is 10 am? This guy was in my room not once but twice while i was in the bathroom to ask if i was gonna make the scheduled check out time of 10:00. I have never in my life been more angry when i left a room.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo