Woodland Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$82
Gateway Inn & Suites(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
Browns Canyon Inn(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$88
US$101
US$98
Silver Ridge Lodge(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$80
Comfort Inn(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$93
Mountain Motel(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$99
Super 8 Salida(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$85
Travelocity
US$85
US$83
Official Site
Palace Hotel(Salida)
All reviewsclose to downtownwalk into townball parkfull size fridgewoman traveling alonerecycling arealiving and dining areabedroom condosmaller roomhot tubthe riverbig chainssuited our needsthe main highwaystay there againdog bedroom was super clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2007

Super nice motel, super-nice people. I stayed at the Woodland YEARS ago before I moved here (in '02). I was impressed by how clean, spacious, friendly, convenient, and inexpensive it was.

Then I moved here, and discovered how great the owners are. Steve and Viva discount rooms to families of hospice and hospital patients, organize the volunteers who scramble up "S" Mountain to put up the lights to create our "Christmas Tree on the Mountain" display (the charming and dramatic lighted Christmas tree on the hill just to the north of downtown), and who knows what else.

The Woodland is within walking distance of downtown, restaurants, our baseball fields, and the Steam Plant Theater (www.steamplant.org). The owners are good people. They allow pets! The prices are great. We're lucky to have the Woodland Motel in town. --Skye Ridley, Salida CO

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank SalidaGal
Reviewed 25 July 2007

Our family stayed in the suite (#28). It was very accommodating for me, my husband and our two older teenagers. We enjoyed the convenience of the full kitchen. Management was very nice, and we were very comfortable. We would stay there again. Great bang for your buck!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2007

We attend a conference in Salida every year and this is the place we all try to book our rooms. The management is friendly, the rooms are clean, and they try to accommodate requests whenever possible. The rooms with the kitchens have full stoves and refrigerators, not just a hotplate or mini-fridge. Because they are pet friendly, you might be concerned about cleanliness but even though I have a lot of allergies, not once did I have a problem with the rooms. They do not have a pool but they do offer discount coupons for the hotsprings pool in town. They do have a nice hottub for relaxing though.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 June 2007

When my car broke down in Salida and needed to be repaired overnight the hotel gave me a "stranded traveller" discount. Had dog bowls and bed for my doggy. 2 blocks from the Arkansas River, 6 blocks from Bongo Billy's great food and coffee, and from downtown Salida and the nice park and river walk. Rooms are ok. Clean and basic. Some have kitchens. Locally owned. Great price since they are not on the hotel highway strip. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 29 June 2006

I stayed in in this hotel to my deepest regrets. It looked decent from the outside but thats about it. The owner was short with me regarding questions. After I had rented a room, the water heater began to malfunction and made a very very loud hissing sound during my entire stay. I called the owner/manager and I had to ask twice and stearnly for him to solve the problem. Needless to say, the problem never got solved, I couldnt sleep at all, and they refused to even discount my stay. Moreover, the hotel resides directly next to a bad neighborhood where the residents throw thier beer cans and other items. Its not a safe walk to downtown at night either. YOur much better off going to the main strip of hotels for service, price and safety.

• Stayed: June 2006