Woodland Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$82
Gateway Inn & Suites(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
Browns Canyon Inn(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$88
US$101
US$98
Silver Ridge Lodge(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$80
Comfort Inn(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$93
Mountain Motel(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$99
Super 8 Salida(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$85
US$85
US$83
Official Site
Palace Hotel(Salida)
All reviewsclose to downtownwalk into townball parkfull size fridgewoman traveling alonerecycling arealiving and dining areabedroom condosmaller roomhot tubthe riverbig chainssuited our needsthe main highwaystay there againdog bedroom was super clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend, and couldn't be more thrilled with the hotel and service! We came over to Salida to enjoy some boating on the Ark, and we were looking for an affordable place to stay with our two dogs. This is the place. It's an easy walk to downtown, it's so pet friendly (no pet fee - and for anyone who travels with dogs - you know how awesome this is!), it's clean, and everyone is friendly.

Anyone who thinks this hotel is overpriced obviously hasn't traveled (anywhere worthwhile) in the past ten years. If you're looking to go out and enjoy Salida and surrounding (gorgeous!) area and not break the bank, then I highly suggest this motel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

Nice local place just blocks from downtown, easy walking. Clean and comfortable, although small. Hit tub was nice, but AC/heat system was antiquated and wasn't that comfortable. Price was good and they offer military rate, would stay again because I do like the small personal motels.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank KyleKman
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We spent one night in Salida on a roadtrip, and if not spending much time on the property I like to do a cheap, not-chain motel. The Woodland Motel had good reviews for being cute and clean, and that it was.

However, I'm appalled that it cost $106. The TINY room was the true definition of bare-bones. Queen bed, folding chair, dresser. The bathroom was so small that my boyfriend and I couldn't brush our teeth at the same time. The lone "toiletry" was a dispenser of industrial grade soap attached to the wall like at a gym. The towels appeared to be from a yard sale or whatever the owners had extra in their linen closet.

All this would have been fine if we paid $60, which is the standard rate for similar mom & pops in Colorado, even in tourist towns. You can't charge more than the Hampton Inn and deliver the above amenities.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pool_Afficianado
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I booked this because of the Tripadvisor reviews. It was pet friendly which was a plus and the owners love dogs and supply dog bowls, beds and treats. Otherwise it's your basic motel. The downtown area of Salida is super cute with lots of little boutiques and it would have been fun to stay within walking distance of that area. When I checked in, I was super tired after driving and I found a long hair on my pillow. I decided not to let it bother me but of course it wasn't pleasant. Otherwise the place seemed clean. A perk is that it's across the street from the Arkansas River and you can walk your dog along the river which is nice. Great views of the Rockies from Salida! Overall a decent pet-friendly motel. Not super impressed because I have found better deals in my travels and/or hotels with more character.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cheesylady
Reviewed 13 April 2013

A group of us met up in Salida to do some hiking - we had 4 rooms. We didn't want to stay in "tourist central" (i.e. Hwy 50).

Good: Easy access off Hwy 291. Quick drive / easy walk to downtown restaurants and shops. Not a soulless chain - had some quirky charm. Price is definitely right. Quiet (no real highway noise and couldn't hear the neighbors). Everything was clean. Check-in was easy and the staff were pleasant and helpful (including while making reservation, e-mailing confirmation, checking in, and making a dinner recommendation). The bed was comfortable (the mattress was firm - if you like super-soft, this may not work for you). Towels were soft and fluffy.

Not a factor: The room is kinda small, but there was plenty of room - bed, dresser, table. Unless you're planning to spend lots of time in the room (and why would you do that in Salida?), shouldn't be a problem at all.

So so: 3 "decorative" pillows, but only 2 small sleeping pillows - management might want to rethink that one (really don't understand the purpose of all of those extra, unusable pillows). 4 of us checked in at once (4 rooms) - everything was good until later that night we realized we hadn't gotten the WiFi code (and the office had closed). They provide bars of soap but no shampoo - although there is a liquid body cleanser dispenser in the shower - don't think it was shampoo - and took 4 or 5 doses to clean not-all-that-long hair.

Bad: After showering the shower head dripped. And dripped. And dripped some more. Jiggling the old-school shower faucet didn't help. Turning the shower head didn't help. Finally just tossed the bath mat in the shower so we couldn't hear the dripping. The bathroom is TINY (and the door opens into the bathroom). Seriously, this thing was maybe 3' x 8'. Really, there wasn't even enough room to towel-dry your back.

Summary: Can't give it an "Excellent" rating, but can definitely recommend that you stay here. Salida has a lot of charm and quirkiness - avoid the sterile chains!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends