“Very Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Woodland Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salida
Woodland Motel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Albuquerque, NM
“Very Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2007

Our family stayed in the suite (#28). It was very accommodating for me, my husband and our two older teenagers. We enjoyed the convenience of the full kitchen. Management was very nice, and we were very comfortable. We would stay there again. Great bang for your buck!

• Liked — Our family was able to stay together--and the full kitchen.
  • Disliked — The outdated beds/bedding
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2007

We attend a conference in Salida every year and this is the place we all try to book our rooms. The management is friendly, the rooms are clean, and they try to accommodate requests whenever possible. The rooms with the kitchens have full stoves and refrigerators, not just a hotplate or mini-fridge. Because they are pet friendly, you might be concerned about cleanliness but even though I have a lot of allergies, not once did I have a problem with the rooms. They do not have a pool but they do offer discount coupons for the hotsprings pool in town. They do have a nice hottub for relaxing though.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Small bathrooms
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2007

When my car broke down in Salida and needed to be repaired overnight the hotel gave me a "stranded traveller" discount. Had dog bowls and bed for my doggy. 2 blocks from the Arkansas River, 6 blocks from Bongo Billy's great food and coffee, and from downtown Salida and the nice park and river walk. Rooms are ok. Clean and basic. Some have kitchens. Locally owned. Great price since they are not on the hotel highway strip. I'd stay again.

• Liked — Location, pet friendly, price
  • Disliked — close to road
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2006

I stayed in in this hotel to my deepest regrets. It looked decent from the outside but thats about it. The owner was short with me regarding questions. After I had rented a room, the water heater began to malfunction and made a very very loud hissing sound during my entire stay. I called the owner/manager and I had to ask twice and stearnly for him to solve the problem. Needless to say, the problem never got solved, I couldnt sleep at all, and they refused to even discount my stay. Moreover, the hotel resides directly next to a bad neighborhood where the residents throw thier beer cans and other items. Its not a safe walk to downtown at night either. YOur much better off going to the main strip of hotels for service, price and safety.

• Stayed June 2006
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2005

I stayed at the Woodland in late May, 2005 for 2 nights with my better half. This is a small independent hotel that is off the beaten path. We had stayed here before, and liked it very much. Some rooms have kitchens, some don't, so you have a lot of flexibility. The hotel was very clean and will maintained. The only gripe I have is the cramped bathrooms, especially the showers. They are pre-fab shower stalls, so don't drop the soap or you will have difficulty retreiving it. The hotel is EXTREMELY pet friendly, if this is important to you. There is no restaurant or complementary breakfast, and there is no restaurant that is within walking distance. However, it is very convenient to downtown where there are many good eating establishments. You are also fairly close to the Safeway if you prefer to go that way. The owner and his wife will most likely check you in. They have a large rag doll cat that roams the premises and is very friendly. We haven't stayed anywhere else in Salida, but we were very satisfied with the Woodland Hotel.

• Stayed May 2005
2 Thank docdiamond
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2004

We stayed at the Woodland Motel in August 2004 and found it to be the MOST pet-friendly motel ever. They have a jar of doggie biscuits on the check-in counter and provide clean dog beds upon arrival. The price was very reasonable (esp for Colorado) and the management is impeccable. Large, clean, thougtfully appointed room (we took the suite, #28, which is enormous). I'm afraid most travellers through Salida won't find this place, as it's on old Route 291 (?) through town, not on Hwy 50, the larger thoroughfare. FIND IT!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member