“So Many Impovements” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Aurora, Colorado
“So Many Impovements”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel has made so many changes. They are constantly upgrading to make it a better experience every time. We stayed her last year when the new owner had just purchased it. Stayed here again over the weeked......what a difference a year makes. So many upgrades. The staff is extremely helpful, always willing to do whatever they can to make what ever issue you have right. Thanks Mike, for another great stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Mike E, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Suzi,

Thanx for pointing all of that information out. It makes us feel good when our guests (strike that), when our new friends notice how hard we are working. We are not as far along in our improvements as we would like to be though because I made the hotel available to FEMA during the recent flooding problems they had near Boulder. We had a lot of displaced families here for a while. Now hopefully things are getting back to normal for them and we are getting back into our improvements.
Like I have said in the past, we aren't perfect, no hotel is, but if any guest has an issue of any kind during their stay with us and tell us what it is, we will do whatever is necessary to make it right.

Thanx again for the nice review and we all look forward to seeing you guys again.

Mike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed here a few times and I always recommend all of my friends and family to stay here. It is unbeatable for such a great rate. Customer service is terrific. Flat screen TVs, WIFI that works very well which is important to me. Other places I have stayed WIFI can be shotty at best. Not here though!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Ryan,

Thanx much for that nice review. I guess we are a little like Avis Rent a car. We're not #1 (yet) so we try harder. Thanx for mentioning our new WiFi. As you know, we spent thousands upgrading the WiFi this past summer installing Commercial Hotspots all over the hotel property and running all new commercial grade wiring to all of the Hotspots. Now, you can get a good connection from anywhere on the property including the private courtyard behind the hotel. Many of the other hotels and motels in town still use residential routers that aren't meant to send signals 300 feet away. Like I said, were trying harder.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed at the Salida Inn and Monarch Suites over the Christmas holidays and had a great time. We were in the two bedroom suite and absolutely loved the separate rooms, each with their own flat screen TVs and temperature controls. The bathroom was spotless and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was great for starting the day with cereal, bread, bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, orange juice and milk. The desk people were absolutely the best, helping us with the room and selling us Monarch Mountain lift tickets so we did not need to wait in line once we got to the resort. We will definitely stay at the Salida Inn and Monarch Suites again!!

Room Tip: The suites are very large and not much more money. For a family they cannot be beat.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Chris,
Thanx so much for your very nice review. You were a great guest as well and thanx for taking me up on my special discount offer for Tweeting a Christmas greeting to an active duty serviceman/woman.
We here at Salida Inn aren't perfect yet, but were working on it and will bend over backwards to make sure all of your needs are met. I love it when nice people notice the efforts.

Thanx again and come back and see us again.

Wichita, Kansas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

For the price, this was a decent place to stay. However, the cleanliness left something to be desired. Grunge behind the sink faucet nearly made me gag while looking down, brushing my teeth. The shower could have stood a good cleaning with a mold/mildew cleaner in the corners. As to the decor, it was like stepping back into the 80's. The drapes were hanging haphazardly and the bed was sitting on the floor (literally, the box springs were on the floor with the mattress on top).

I chose this hotel primarily due to the good reviews on Tripadvisor, but I think next time I'll spring for the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mike E, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Rebecca,

I am a little shocked and AMAZED by your observations. The grunge behind the sink faucet for example happens to be Caulk that is used to keep water from running under it and it is white caulk on a white sink, so, that one confuses me.
The mold mildew in the corners of the shower (actually it's a Jacuzzi Tub) is actually a nick in the fiberglass of the tub itself. We touch it up, a guest or two later it's back. We touch it up again, and it comes back again.
On the subject of drapes. You were advised when you checked in that we are having new draperies made, they were delayed and we hung the old drapes back up..
Finally, the most amazing observation about the box spring on the floor. Recognizing as you do, decor from the 80's, you didn't know that this bed is a Platform Bed. THERE IS NO BOX SPRING.
The bed is designed that way. The mattress sits on the PLATFORM. :)
Like I tell every single guest who has ever stayed here. If you have any problems, or need anything at all, please let us know. You were here for 3 days. You said nothing to me about any problems or concerns. Had you said anything at all about anything, I would have gladly changed your room, but if you don't tell me what the problem is, I can't do anything about it.
Most guests love that room and more important, guests who know what a platform bed is, rave about it. I am sorry that you don't feel like you will stay here again. That really saddens me if only because you'll never get to see what true hospitality is like. You see, true hospitality is a two way communication between you the guest and me the hotelier. It is me, trying too fill your needs, but I can't do that if I don't know what those need are. You think you will be happier at the HI Express. Try getting personal attention there.
Winfield, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel and enjoyed it quite a bit. We stayed in the two queen suite w/ jacuzzi. Hotel staff was amazing to work with and super helpful. Easy to find location, right off of highway 50. During the cold nights after a hard run on Monarch we were able to enjoy their hot tub and great outdoor views. Definitely look forward to staying here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Mike E, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Micah,
Thanx for the nice review. Staff and I love making our guests stay pleasant and appreciate it greatly when nice people notice.
Hope to accommodate you again sometime.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I hope putting a review online doesn't mean this place will be booked any time I want to return! The rooms were very nice, especially for the price. The owner was always available - I mean, really, when does this guy sleep? When our suite had a plumbing issue, he gave us another room to sleep in and charged us nothing for that night. The problem was fixed the next afternoon when we returned from skiing. The outdoor hot tub was an extra amenity that we enjoyed, along with the large towels and robes provided by the hotel.
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Amy G,

Thanx so much for your very nice review. Staff and I really appreciate it. Like our motto says, Creating new friends, one guest at a time, I would have given your family the owners quarters if I didn't have another room for you. It turns out, a guest before you apparently put something made out of styrofoam down the toilet because about 100 feet from the room. the styrofoam apparently mixed with the sewer gases and created a hard plastic mass which we were finally able to clear.
Sorry you had to be inconvenienced at all and I look forward to having you and your great family back again, Maybe next time your kids will let me sit in on a game of Uno too.
Chernobyl, Ukraine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

The rooms were okay, a bit dirty, although I could tell the staff worked hard. They were Croatian, and Croatia is my favorite country, so they talked to me on how it was like, I also learned some new words, such as "Bok" which means Hello and goodbye.

Good place, although A bit rundown, if tired, I would stay there. We got our car towed from a city called Victor, which is an interesting small town. Shower was hot, and we had a nice stay, accept for the smoke and the somewhat dirty cafeteria.
OK.

Room Tip: Go to the second floor, non-smoking.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Tigeer, Bok

I wish you had told me about the dirty room 4 months ago when you were here. I could have had another talk with those "hard Working Croatians" as you put it who just happen to be the same girls who cleaned your room. But, heck you did learn a new Croatian word or two. I am especially surprised by your comment about "a bit run down". With New siding, all new exterior paint, freshly painted rooms, new furniture, new flat screen TV, gee, I wonder what we missed.

Anyway, Bok,
Mike
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
Browns Canyon Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Salida
Super 8 Salida
Super 8 Salida
#4 of 16 in Salida

Been to Salida Inn & Monarch Suites? Share your experiences!