Salida Inn & Monarch Suites
Browns Canyon Inn(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$169
US$163
Comfort Inn(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$159
ComfortInn
Silver Ridge Lodge(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$97
Official Site
US$97
US$87
Budget Lodge(Salida)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe ownerwatermelonhot tubkeurig coffee makerfresh cut fruitcontinental breakfastking cottagemini suitethe cottagesprivate deckblueberriesgas fireplacebagelshard boiled eggsbed and pillowsone night staywould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here a few weeks back.. me, my my girlfriend, and our dog. There were no more pet friendly rooms when I first looked online. I phoned instead and spoke to Mike, the owner who found a solution- one of the detached cottages, for a comparable rate. He was straightforward and honest about expectations.. basically said that other rooms in the inn had been renovated, but this one had not been yet. I appreciated the heads up.

The room itself was good/solid- hot water, heater, and flat screen all worked fine. I haven't seen the renovated rooms but expect they are even better. We parked right outside, on the first floor so easy access for car and gear. It was quiet, seemed like most people were there to ski. There is a hottub on site, it was ok.. maybe a bit crowded but that's to be expected with a bunch of skiers staying there. There is also a mineral springs/hot tub place within walking distance... might try that next time. We used the coffee and breakfast bar in the am for some grub and then hit the road to Monarch Ski Resort. 25 mins later, were on the mtn and skiing in some real deap pow!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Douglas

Thanx so much for your nice review. I truly believe in trying to exceed guest expectations when ever I can. I have found that if I give a guest honest expectations and then exceed those expectations when ever possible, word will spread that we would rather loose the business than not meet the expectations. That is why I made that particular cottage sound maybe a little worse than it actually is. We are preparing to renovate that cottage beginning of March. Come back again in a few months, when the renos are completed. I think it will be a mind blower.

Thanx again for the nice review.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

i booked this hotel back in september and a very pleasent stay. when i checked in, in september, the owner was asking all the guests who were checking in what type of mattress they preferred, firm, medium, soft, plush, pillow top etc. he was polling guests? really? what hotel dose this?last week when i arrived for my sky package (lowest price in salida by the way), i found a new pillow top mattresses in my room. the owner was now asking everyone who if they would mind testing a couple of pillows and gave us each two to try out. in the morning he took the pillows back, wrote the results in his log book and gave us all two different pillows. I have to book again in a couple weeks just to find out the results. :) the room was resently redone, everything spotless, the bed was very comfortable, the bed linens were were new. it was a beautiful king room.i slept like a baby.in the morning when i attemted to leave for the sky slopes, my car wouldnt start the owner tryed to give me a jump. thought i would miss a day of skiing. instead, big mike ( the owner) handed the phone to his housekeeper and drove me to the slope, told me to call when i was done and while i was gone, he called a repair shop to come and have a look at my car. unbelievable! what hotel does stuff like this?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank patrick k
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Patrick,

Thanx for the really nice review, it is greatly appreciated. Having been a Registered Nurse, and working a busy Emergency Room, I just naturally care about and for people. That is all I have been used to doing for the previous 25 years. In the ER, we were drilled constantly with the idea of "patient rights", meaning patients had choices as to what kind of care they wanted. I guess it just carries over for me now. Guests should have choices too. I can't get used to the idea most hotels use, which seems to be - Check em in, Check em out and say High in between". While my polls weren't exactly scientific, they did give me an idea as to what the majority of my guests wanted. I have decided to go with two different types of pillows so that my guests will again have a choice.

Thanx again for the really nice review.

Have a great day, look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel is great, we have stayed here twice now and been impressed. The rooms are big, spacious and comfy. The hot tub is clean and private. The first time we stayed here something of mine accidently got thrown away and the housekeeper acutally dug through the trash to find it and return it to me! We will definatly stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hi Laurel,

Thanx for the nice review. My housekeepers will be delighted you mentioned them/her. Finding good house keepers in a small town is difficult, but mine are real gems. Much appreciated and we all at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites look forward to your return. Wait until you sleep on our brand new Pillow Top Mattresses.

Have a Great Day.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Mike and his staff will make your stay pleasant and are willing to meet any requests promptly. Reasonably priced, clean, and convenient it should be nothing but better as many of the rooms are being remodeled. Thanks Mike and Jay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lonlitravler, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Hey Chris

Thanx so much for the nice review. We try our bests to make our guests comfortable, and think of everyone as a friend.

Thanx again,

Your friend,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I booked a room here because my BF wanted a room with a jacuzzi tub. This is one of the only places I could find in Salida that had one. Mike was very helpful when I called to make the reservation. He even held it without a credit card. When we pulled up my BF says to me "let's look at the room first". I didn't want to seem rude, so I said no, it will be fine. When we walked into the main area to check in, it had an odd smell to it. Couldn't place it though. Mike is nice enough, but he was disheveled looking. The room had an odd smell as well. The fixtures were from the 70's, the curtains were hanging off the rod, and the bed was hard as a rock. There was a window broken in the bathroom. The worst part, the jacuzzi tub. The only way it would work was by hitting the GFI outlet on the wall. The button on the tub you would push in to start it was pushed completely in, and never came back out. My BF used the tub, and as the water drained, he got a little freaked out by the water coming out of the holes. It sounded like a water pipe next door had air in it, and about every 30 minutes it would rattle the wall. Neither of us slept well. We had reservations to go dog sledding Saturday, so we decided to make the best of it. By 10:00 Saturday night, as we laid in bed knowing we wouldn't sleep, we decided to pack it up and drive home.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 212 if you want to get any rest at night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Angie K
Mike E, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Angie,

I am sorry you had a bad experience at our hotel. I wish you had said something about your disappointment to me when you were here. I would have gladly changed your room. We have several others with Jacuzzi Tubs. I can't speak to odd odors in the room, because yours is the first I have heard of it. There have been guests in that room since you, and they said nothing about an odor.
As for the curtains, They are new and were only put up the day you arrived. It looks in your photo like the little hook on the corner of the drape may have fallen out. Possibly my housekeeper who hung them didn't put that one hook in tight enough. As for furniture from the 70's, actually it is from the early 80s including a platform bed. I don't personally like it either. Some guests love it and several repeat guests ask for that room by number, others don't like it. I guess that is just a matter of taste.
As for the broken window, all I can say is we check things like that every time we clean a room and it wasn't broken when the previous guest to you checked out, so I will again apologize that it was broken, but you didn't mention that you told us about that and it was immediately replaced.
Finally, the Jacuzzi. The button you are speaking of is designed to stay in after it is pushed and the GFI is a safety mechanism. I can't say why the GFI was thrown, but as soon as you mentioned the tub not working, maintenance came up an corrected the problem for you.
As for my being disheveled :(. Well when the hotel business makes me rich enough to hire others to go out on windy days and sweep walkways, drive ways, hall ways etc, I can be well dressed with hair neatly combed at all times.