“A Very Nice Little Place”

Salida Inn & Monarch Suites
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I'm a bit of a hotel snob, and Salida does not have much to choose from in the way of higher end hotels. Adding to that, summer prices are crazy high compared to similiar sized towns in Colorado (at least the weekend I was traveling). So I chose this hotel with some hesitation since I haven't stayed in a "motel" type place for years. This place was definitely a pleasant surprise.

Although it is a motel with outside entrances, the property is clean and so well kept. The rooms look brand new with lovely furnishings and decorative touches. There is no bathtub, but the shower worked fine for us. The fridge and microwave were nice to have, and as a business travel, the super high speed internet was awesome (faster than my home internet!).

My 8 year old loved the pool, and actually, so did I. It was really warm and so clean. It is nothing fancy, and relatively small, but the cleanliness and warmth make up for it. Any parents traveling with small children have likely suffered through freezing cold hotel pools because their kids want to swim - this was such a welcome change for that. When my son wanted to go back to the pool at the end of the day, I was happy to join him.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank law_girl_75
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hi Law Girl
Thanx so much for your Nice review of Salida Inn. Staff and I really appreciate when guests notice our hard work. Our goal has always been pretty much what you said in your review - "This is a really nice little property. Nothing fancy, but clean, comfortable and well priced compared to other properties in the area. Don't hesitate to stay here."
We work hard a providing a clean comfortable room and after months of research on Mattresses and taking polls from guests as to the types of mattresses they like we settled on Firm Pillow Tops which has definitely increased the comfort levels of out guests. Our next goal is to increase the "fancy Factor' :). Just kidding.
Have a great day and come back and stay with us again, sometime.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stay in Salida often as my daughter lives here...I've stayed many places in Salida and was recommended to the Salida Inn from the motel next door. I wanted an outdoor pool! This will now be my new and constant go-to place to stay!!! Room was sparkling clean, newly updated, mattress was sooo comfortable and a lovely breakfast available in the lobby!!! Management was sooo friendly as well and when I asked for an extra pillow, she said....fluffy or flat??!! Who does that?? And she found me a lovely fluffy pillow.....such great service!!! Looking forward to the next visit and can't wait to try the cottages as well!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Clearick
Thanx for that really nice review. Being the new kids on the block so to speak, we try very hard every day to make our guests happy and feel at home. Thanx for noticing.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We decided to stay here because of the reviews. A last minute booking on a road trip and we were quite surprised. Check in was fast and friendly. Our room looked as if it were just redone, it was very comfortable...... did I mention very clean as well ! Also the hotel is pet friendly which is a plus for us. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank olive21
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Olive
Thanx for that nice review. Yes, you are correct, all of our rooms were remodeled last year and all of the carpet and bedding this year. House Keeping will be delighted that you noticed their hard work especially. It is unusual these days to find house Keepers that actually go back through every room on their own, after they clean them to make sure they didn't miss anything the first time.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here in the past when it was some other motel. It's been updated yet the price has stayed as one of the most reasonable in Salida. The owner and staff are so friendly! Outstanding customer service-something you don't find too often anymore. Rooms were very clean, good mattresses and linens.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are more quiet and an easy walk to the heated pool and hot tub
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doreen L

Doreen

Thanx for your nice review. Staff and I at Salida Inn really appreciate it. We work hard to provide clean, comfortable rooms at reasonable prices. We all believe that our guests are our friends, so good customer service is easy. We just treat everyone like a new found friends.

Thanx again,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We decided to stay here based on positive reviews. We weren't disappointed. The rooms were clean with comfortable beds (we chose to stay in two different rooms during our stay). Though the fence around the pool and hot tub didn't look the greatest, both the pool and the hot tub were well maintained and wonderfully warm.

The newly renovated suite with a kitchenette and fireplace would be a great place to stay for those planning to stay for more than an overnight. Even the sleeper sofa was amazingly comfortable! The decor reminded us of trips to cabins in northern Minnesota.

We were very pleasantly surprised at the WiFi service. It was much faster than what we've experienced in top name hotels.

Take time to chat with the hotel owner. He's a lot of fun. He is also truly interested in any feedback about your stay as is evidenced by the improvements he's made during his ownership.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Beth,
Thanx so much for the nice review. it is greatly appreciated.
We at Salida Inn enjoyed have you and your family as well.
Come stay with us again sometime.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times over the past 4 years, and though each stay has been good, the last stay I had a few weeks ago was by far the best. The rooms had been remodeled since the year before, and we really enjoyed the new mattresses! The reason I really wanted to write this review though is that the owner, Mike, really went out of his way to help us the morning we checked out. My boyfriend had left his flip flops by the pool the night before, and when I asked Mike if anyone had turned in flip flops, he said no, but he thought a couple staying in another room may have picked them up because he had seen them at the pool earlier that morning. He called their room, but they didn't answer. He said he would check with them when they came down to check out. We were pulling out of the parking lot a few minutes later, and Mike came over to our car to say that the couple had already come down to check out and they had the flip flops! My boyfriend got his flip flops back which was a huge relief because he didn't have any other shoes to wear home! We were very grateful Mike went out of his way to help us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hi Meljames
Thanx a bunch for that nice review. Staff and I really appreciate it when our guests notice our hard work. We try to treat all of our guests as we would close friends. The couple that I suspected had the flip flops had lost a $10,000 wedding ring and I was looking for it when I saw the flip flops. I called their room when I found the ring and when they came to get the ring, they mentioned they thought the FF were their friends. It was an interesting day for the Salida Inn Lost and Found :).
Thanx again for the review.
Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My friends were getting married mid-June in Salida so I booked a room for my boyfriend and I at the Salida Inn & Monarch Suites. Shortly before our arrival, two additional friends asked to room with us, and the owner did not hesitate to change our room accommodations. We called to cancel our reservation so that we could camp instead, and he gladly re-reserved the room for us the night before our scheduled arrival when we changed our minds. Although I'm sure I caused the owner much distress, there was no sign of it, for he was genuinely glad to see me when I arrived; quite the breath of fresh after all of the conflict with my friends. The newly renovated rooms were absolutely beautiful, undoubtedly clean, and the wifi was fast and consistent. Breakfast was the cold milk and cereal, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, bagels/toast and cream cheese that I have at home, and was greeted each morning by my name by the owner. I literally slept like I was floating on a cloud, and the water pressure was perfect. The room quality was that of a Holiday Inn and such, but the customer service was far and beyond. Being located right on the main drag, minutes away from downtown Salida and hot springs, the Salida Inn & Monarch Suites is easily the most convenient hotel in town. I am looking forward to staying here again in Winter and soaking in the hot tub after a long day snowboarding at Monarch!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Lola,
Thanx a bunch for the really great review. We, at Salida Inn love when our guests are happy. We try to treat everyone as friends. As for reservation hassles, no problem at all, I was more than happy to accommodate you all. Oh, and I finally figured out the words to the song I kept singing to you.
It's L O L A, like Cherry Cola by the Kinks.
Come back and see us again soon. I'll be looking forward to it.
Mike

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
Hampton Inn & Suites Salida
Mountain Motel
Mountain Motel
#7 of 16 in Salida
Baymont Inn & Suites Salida

Been to Salida Inn & Monarch Suites? Share your experiences!