“Dog and I trip to the Mountains 11/18/13”
Review of Super 8 Salida

Super 8 Salida
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed 21 November 2013

1  Thank Tim80504
djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I did not stay long, but while I was there, it was quiet. The room was comfortable and I had everything I needed. Staff was freindly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Cynthia C,
Hopefully you can stay a little longer next time. Thanks for choosing my hotel and sharing your comments here. My staff will be excited that you mentioned them in your review. They work very hard to make a difference and I am quite proud of them. Happy to hear that your night's rest was restful. Hopefully you will be through our area and we can have the pleasure of having you with us again.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Traveling to Salida, our first choice was to stay at the Palace Hotel downtown. However, they were closed for two weeks. There are several motels on Hwy 50. i checked with Trip Advisor online and saw that super 8 was recommended. Saw the remodeled room which had 2 queen beds and ample room. It was quiet and is across street from indoor mineral pool. The only two things I would say is the continental breakfast is average fare and the towels could be made more plush. Other than that, you cannot go wrong with the price. They do have an indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear kinikiaeagle,
Although not your first choice... I am happy you chose the Salida Super 8 during your visit to our beautiful little town. Thanks for your kind words about our newly renovated rooms and our convenient location on highway 50 across the street from the Salida Hot Springs and the Country Bounty Restaurant. I will share your comment about the breakfast with Super 8. This past year they implemented a new breakfast standard. They always appreciate the feedback on new programs. Did you try the cooked to order waffles they have been very well received. Thanks for checking the reviews on our hotel and choosing us. We work very hard to exceed the expectations of our guests. Have a great winter season in Eagle and we hope to see you soon here at the Super 8.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The motel is one of the older ones but the rooms were in great shape and very clean and they had enough towels and wash cloths for everyone in the room, Don reserved two rooms one for me and my two oldest and another for my other son and his family. Nothing changed when we checked in like it does sometimes, the price was as quoted, I received email confirmation for our rooms and they are pet friendly and do not charged extra for our little friends! They offer a continental breakfast but we didn't have a chance to partake, we left each morning before the sun came up, hunting trip! Overall we enjoyed our stay, the owners were very nice and the motel was very quite! I'll be booking with them again next time we are in Salida!

Room Tip: Just tell them what you are looking for, they are very accommodating!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear uncoD,
Wow! I am humbled by your review, especially since you take the time to review often. Thanks for choosing my hotel the Salida Super 8 and sharing your thoughtful comments here. My team and I take great pride in providing what we promise, it is a matter of pride. I can't wait to share your comments with our team, they work very hard with the objective to make a difference in your stay. We realize there are many choices here in our beautiful little town. Your willingness to return means everything. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The rooms have been remodeled, are very clean and beautifully decorated creating a pleasant and relaxing feel. The beds were incredibly comfortable! The owners and staff are just wonderful, all are very friendly and hospitable, happy to go out of their way to accommodate their guests needs. The location in town is great, close to anything you need but still quiet. The grounds and property are well kept and the lovely garden and flowers add a beautiful homey touch.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear 960brandyt,
Thanks for choosing our hotel the Salida Super 8. We appreciate your comments regarding our clean, newly decorated rooms and comfortable bed. We are glad to have provided a restful nights sleep. Relating to the grounds... that is all due to the effort of my wife Britt. She puts a great deal of effort in making our Super 8 grounds welcoming. Thanks for sharing your comments here and your willingness to return is the highest compliment. Looking forward to your prompt return.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The complex had been remodeled inside and out. The rooms were clean, neat and comfortable. You can tell that the owners take pride in their Motel. The grounds have been nicely decorated with plants and flowers and also well kept. My impression while staying there is that the owners, Don and Britt are very involved with their tenants. They are there onsite and do everything in their power to accommodate people staying there. There is a very comfortable feeling when you go in the office for breakfast or any other reason. They are friendly and care about the property and the tenants. I would recommend this Motel to anyone going to Salida--and feel VERY comfortable that they would have a good experience. A great place to stay while enjoying Salida!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Dawne Y,
Thanks for choosing our hotel the Salida Super 8 and sharing your fabulous comments here. We can not wait to share them with our team. They will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated their efforts. To receive the highest score possible in all categories is indeed an honor. Thanks for commenting on our remodeled guest rooms. The feedback has been overwhelming. My team and I pride ourselves on level of service. It is what sets us apart from our competition. We want to make a difference in your stay. Thanks for saying you will return... that is the highest compliment. See you soon.