“ski tym”
Review of Super 8 Salida

Super 8 Salida
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Salida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had come down ill on the original date of a long awaited father son ski trip to Monarch I promised my son weeks before. It was several hours past the cancellation time on the deal I signed up for when I had determined that I was too sick to go; however, my often foolishly misplaced faith in people along with encouragement from my wife motivated me to call the hotel in an attempt to reach a sympathetic ear that might be gracious enough to re-schedule my stay, for the following night when I may feel better and salvaging the trip and the rate I paid. I regrettably called the corporate 1-800 number at the website which of course led to a broken English speaking customer service representative who stood firm on the cancellation policy and oddly proceeded to try to up sell me a rental car, rental insurance and various unnecessary trip flair for a trip that I apparently wasn't taking, I ended the call and declared defeat.

My wife in her infinite wisdom then swooped in again and saved the day by saying, 'you don't call the corporate number, you call the hotel.' She did it for me spoke to a lovely woman named Deborah who without hesitation made the adjustment for us. When I arrived at the hotel, She was the one who checked me in, she said "I hope you are feeling better." That stuck with me.

The outside of the hotel is clean, the architecture is rustic, perhaps slightly outdated; however, the hotel rooms themselves are immaculate and clean. I'm a bit of a neurotic germaphobe and when I need to spend the night anywhere other than my own home, my senses uncontrollably go into overdrive looking for foreign smells, stains, unidentifiable substances, etc., and this place passed with flying colors. The carpet was clean, it looked as though it was just installed. The room had a very modern, contemporary style. The showers were clean, nicely pressured, immediately hot. The HVAC unit was new and functioned perfectly, the thermostat kicked the unit on and off when it reached the appropriate temps. It wasn't startlingly loud which made it nearly unnoticeable for a light sleeper like myself. The mattresses were firm and comfortable, and the sheets were clean, soft and had a pleasant clean fragrance. Our room was equipped with Samsung (not low end) LCD television which provided HD entertainment to close your eyes too.

I've stayed in Salida for ski trips several times over the years and it's safe to say, This was without question best place I've stayed. Second isn't even on the radar. If I had one gripe, it would be that the reception area where the continental breakfast is served is a little too cramped at Breakfast time. With that said, there is no question the next time I do an overnight ski trip at Monarch that this is the place I'm staying.

Thumbs up all the way!

Room Tip: If you need to change your reservation, don't call the 1-800 number at the site, call the hotel...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Morpheus0026,
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to exceed your expectations. It was a pleasure reading your comments and my team also appreciated the fact that you touched on all aspects of of their jobs. We pride ourselves in being easy to do business with and when we can we will always find a way to create a Win-Win. As your wife so correctly recommended it is always best to contact the hotel. We are in the people pleasing business and we want to have happy guests. Thanks for choosing us and we are awaiting your return.
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I would just like to thank the staff at the Salida Super 8, you should all
be proud of the your service. I travel quite a bit and the level of service
from your staff was nothing short of 5 Star. Everyone in my party was
very happy with the level of service and the accommodations.

Room Tip: Speak to the hotel directly for best service. Super booked an entire ski trip, lift tickets, rentals...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Mike_Fisher 2014,
Five Starts! Thanks for that! I am very proud of our team! They work very hard to exceed your expectations. I was very excited to read your comments and share them with our team. Thanks for choosing my hotel the Salida Super 8 and sharing your comments here. Looking forward to your return.
Pueblo
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Super 8 Salida was perfect for our ski trip/overnight stay. Location is convenient. Office staff was very friendly/efficient. The discount for Monarch season pass holder is awesome. Would recommend this to friends.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Deborah S,
Thanks for choosing my hotel the Salida Super 8, sharing your comments and telling your friends about us! Our Season and Buddy Pass Holders are very important to us, we are also partners in Monarch Mountain! My team will be pleased to read that they made a difference in your stay. Looking forward to your quick return.
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Everything was great, but breakfast area was much too small for everyone to prepare and eat their food.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Luke M,
Thanks for choosing my hotel the Salida Super 8 and sharing your comments. I sincerely appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay, scoring us so many 5's. I am working to figure out how to improve the space in our breakfast area. I am confident we can find a solution. Looking forward to your return. The snow conditions are wonderful! Feet of new freshies!