“The WORST customer service of my lifetime!”

Gateway Inn & Suites Salida
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We had 4 rooms reserved. Faucet didn't shut off in one room--it was supposed to be fixed by afternoon, went back to use it and it was still not working---went to tell them and they accused us of calling them liars, then the husband/owner came to fix again, and asked us what we were doing to his faucet...our response was we were using it.
The sheets on the beds were basically "laid" upon the mattress--it did not fold over the top and go under, so when you moved in bed, you eventually were sleeping directly on the yucky mattress--that had no mattress pad!
If you wanted to iron clothes, you had to go to an "ironing room" that had a small fold down iron, which needed water, and there was no water in that room, so you had to go back to your room to get the water!
The "spa" tub was disgusting, and had a milky water in it the whole time!
The front desk had a sign that said "ring bell for service" with no bell in sight. When we went outside to find someone, they took there time finishing the straightening of chairs before they came over to help us, and then it was with a horrible attitude!
There was not a single person in that family-owned motel that was polite or knew what they were doing.
Tripadvisor had awarded them a 5-1/2 for excellence....I definitely don't trust Tripadvisor any more!

• Stayed: June 2012
8  Thank Chief00
Management response:Responded 7 July 2012

We were very happy to host your 5 room Family Reunion.
We offered greatly discounted rates for your event as well as complimentary use of Banquet Room.
We are sorry for the broken faucet-mechanical failures are beyond our control, we promptly & gladly fixed it next day (it was reported late at night).
For your specific and customized personal needs and expectations we suggest that you choose a Full Service Hotel next time that can cater to all your needs.
Elizabeth Kudasik

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Cleanest room I've ever had at any hotel. Comfortable - everything I needed. Great, easy breakfast. Desk clerk Theresa was above & beyond - I actually felt cared for. She even checked at my room to make sure everything was good. I'll try to arrange travel plans to always stay here.

Room Tip: Only know of 1 room - it was great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank j s
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I was recently in Salida on a motorcycle ride with a friend, and we pulled into this hotel just before the rains hit. The rooms were clean, comfortable and good sized. The staff went above and beyond our expectations to meet our needs.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Footage
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The owner and staff were extremely accommodating. Room was able to pass my inspection, which most motels don't. Even behind the door in the corners was clean. Pleasant stay all the way around. Continental breakfast was great, too.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 28 May 2012

we have stayed at this motel on 4 different times and each stay has been excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful with all your needs. Rooms are very clean and updated, with small frig, microwave, coffee pot, hairdryer etc. Breakfast was of good quality with several different selections to choose from. Quiet place to stay and get a good nites sleep. We are remembered each time we have come to stay and we will come again.

Room Tip: stay on the west side, quieter, I staye for three nites and slow season they put no one in room abo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 685turtle52
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Had to stop for the nite, and checked out this place. It was great. Staff was extremely friendly, and accomodations were great. The breakfast was a little skimpy, I guess I was expecting more, but overall it was a great place to stop and rest for the nite after 1100 miles on the road.. Will stop here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stopped at another hotel chain up the street and was ignored at the front desk for ten minutes! I came to the Gateway and was greeted with a friendly smile and "How are you today?" That set the tone. I was given a great room that was so clean I was amazed! Breakfast was great and the young lady working even printed map directions for me. Highly reccommended!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites
Great Western Colorado Lodge
Monarch Mountain Lodge
Monarch Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Monarch

Been to Gateway Inn & Suites Salida? Share your experiences!