Gateway Inn & Suites
Browns Canyon Inn(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$99
US$163
Comfort Inn(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$159
ComfortInn
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$104
Silver Ridge Lodge(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$92
Super 8 Salida(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$110
Mountain Motel(Salida)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$270
TripAdvisor
Budget Lodge(Salida)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskhot tubcontinental breakfastwaffleswaffle ironin townstay there againclean roomshard boiled eggsa wonderful staysmall townnice roomwe've stayedmotelcerealmicrowavecolorado
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The front desk staff was exceedingly friendly and managed to change my room from a king to two doubles with only a $5 increase in price at check-in. The room was average with a less than stellar bed, but about what I would expect of a hotel with this rating. AC worked well and everything was clean. Breakfast was a non-event with a very overworked desk clerk manning both checkouts and refills at the continental breakfast. For the price, I was satisfied with the accomodations. We did have a group of bikers firing up their bikes from 10 pm - 1 am after partying in some of the rooms below us, but that has no bearing on my review. Just a minor annoyance!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TXND
GatewayInnSalida, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I'm happy we were able to accommodate your need for two beds, and that you found our facility clean. We are anticipating an upgrade to our beds within this year, and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The reservations staff, Tina and Teresa, did an outstanding job handling our group. Everything was ready for our late arrival after a long day of traveling. Rooms were clean and in excellent condition. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Wes, thank you so much for your review! It was a pleasure working with you and your group, we do what we can to accommodate. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I only write reviews for exceptional stays. This one was exceptionally bad. We arrived late in the evening and this was the only place in Salida that had a vacancy. That should have been a tip off. We checked in and then went to eat. When we returned the room was very hot. We had turned the air conditioner on high before going to eat. In the bathroom the tub was not clean and the commode did not flush well; even paper would not go down. By this time it was too late to go on to another town. If everything had been working properly the room was a fifty-sixty dollar a night room. We paid one hundred forty-six for a very unpleasant night. The air condition never did cool the room. In an attempt to get fresh air we opened the window but had to leave the drapes closed for privacy. This made us nervous about security because we were on the ground floor. It was extremely hot, smelly and uncomfortable in our room so we left the window open even though it was a risky th I like a firm bed but the mattress was rock hard. I never fully dozed off all night between the heat and the hardness of the bed. By 4:00 in the morning I wished we had just left earlier, even if it had been late; after all we weren't able to sleep anyway. We got up and left about 4:30 a.m. When I spoke with the desk clerk about the situation she just shrugged and said there was nothing she could do but that she would report it to the manager. I asked if she would please contact the manager and she said all she could do was leave her number for the manager to call her back which would most likely take awhile. We never did hear from maintenance or the manager. Will not ever make the mistake of staying at Gateway Inn & Suites again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
19  Thank Abby S
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We decided rather last-minute to spend the July 4th holiday in Salida, and I was a little worried that our hotel options would be limited and pricey. I was very pleased to find rooms at the Gateway Inn available for only $79.99 on the Fourth of July! The woman who made our reservation over the phone was very friendly and offered to put us in a room furthest away from Rt. 50. We didn't have really high expectations ... thought it would be very standard budget motel (Super 8, Motel 6, etc.) but we thought the room (with 2 Queens) was a nice size and it was quite clean and comfortable. I hadn't even realized that breakfast was included in the price until we got there. It's a small breakfast area and we opted to eat out anyway, but I thought that made the price even more reasonable. The only negative was the shampoo was in hard-to-open packaging not in a bottle, but I'm sure it's just a cost-saving measure and not that big of a deal.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
GatewayInnSalida, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! I'm glad you found our prices reasonable, and our rooms clean. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We kept hearing from the front desk how this was a busy weekend, but we did not select it. We needed to be in Salida for a family wedding. At first glance, the rooms were very tidy and newly remodeled. The mattresses were pretty old. Dragging our stuff up the steep stairs was not fun.

But, on our first night, the entire top floor where our room was kept losing power and the breakers had to be reset. .The second time took quite a while. I am on CPAP machine at night and I cannot sleep if the power goes off. Okay, I am bad for not having a battery backup but in six years of traveling with this machine I honestly have never had a problem. We found out from other wedding guests who checked out because of problems that this hotel had electrical problems at least a day before we arrived! For the prices the hotel was getting, they had an obligation to get an electrician in immediately. The front desk asked us to run our AC warmer and that made the night even more stressful because the room was so hot and stuffy. Also stressful was not knowing if a possible short would cause a fire to break out. It was like a circus with kids running around well after 10pm. I brought work to do and the internet was up and down every few minutes. The full breakfast was laughable. We asked to be moved to another room or another hotel, and were told there were lots of fire refugees in the hotel and the closest availability was Canon City. We were told they could not guarantee that the electrical problems would be fixed. At breakfast, the person serving breakfast said there were no refugees in the hotel and I had found hotel availability in Sailda. I called Hampton Inn and for $20 more, we were given a suite for the next night! With our 13 lb dog!

I am not one of those people who is constantly complaining in a hotel, in fact, I have never given a bad review. I have been traveling for at least 40 years and staying in hotels. I am not that intolerant. This was ridiculous customer service! For $136 per night I expected a much better quality experience. The quality of this hotel is like a Motel 6 or Super 8. It was a slap in the face when we could get a room at the Hampton Inn $20 more a night. The quality at the Hampton Inn is so much better that there is no comparison.

Room Tip: Bottom floor didn't have electrical problems. Check with the better chains first or make sure this hotel gets its act together.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family