“We have stayed At this hotel on several...”

Gateway Inn & Suites Salida
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Salida
“We have stayed At this hotel on several...”
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We have stayed At this hotel on several occasions and been very pleased every time. Greeted by friendly staff and if there was ever an issue with a room- geat or A/C its taken care of immediately, without question or delay. Several of my friends and I frequent this hotel for their location close to Monarch mountain in the winter and rafting in the summer. For a truely awesome snowmobiling trip, talk to Ziggy. He's sure to make each trip memorable and provide a unique service I've yet to see any other outfit come close to matching. Sure to be a great time, in our 4 years and counting! The hot tub is always hot and relaxing after a hard day playing in the powder. See you guys next season!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Not that I'm trying to complain, but just want to share my experience with you. I did stay here because of the good ratings on trip advisor. But upon checking in, we went to our room....and it was TINY (room with a queen). I went back to the front desk and asked if we could have a bigger room (one with 2 doubles). The front desk employee wanted to charge us 10 bucks more, which i thought was lame, esp since they had a ton of open rooms. So I told her, "we'll just have to make do". It was raining outside, and we have a pickup, so we had to bring everything inside the room. Our son slept in the pack n play, his stroller, 4 suitcases, a cooler, hiking backpacks. It was a very unpleasant stay. I don't recommend staying here. If i had my own business, i would go out of my way for customers (as long as it's not costing me an arm and a leg!!!) I guess I'm just mad that they weren't willing to go out of their way!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank jenrnontherun
GatewayInnSalida, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites Salida, responded to this review, 23 July 2010
We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Rooms with one gueen bed are our smallest units designed for double occupancy. There is no place for playpan, therefore our Staff recommended larger room with 2 double beds, wchich cost $10.00 more. Our facility was quite full last week, as hosts to NARGS Convention we were running 75% - 100% occupancy, therefore free upgrades were not available during peak season. We do our best to accomodate many needs of many customers however it is occasionally immposible to meet everybodys special requests especially when hotel is fully occupied.
Houston
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Prior to our stay here, TripAdvisor rankings have never let me down. Usually a non-chain hotel ranked no. 1 (or very high) has some quaint or unique aspect to it that justifies its ranking. Gateway Inn was a disappointment. It has two 2 story buildings with rooms that open to the outside, facing each other across a sea of asphalt. The rooms are furnished in 60's motel style furnishings. My bedspread had holes in the lining and the towels felt stiff and worn. I reserved a non-smoking room and when we arrived we were given a smoking room - there was nothing else available anywhere in town. Further, they did not disclose it was a smoking room; we only found out by opening the door. That's deceitful. On top of that, the restaurant they recommended as "good" for dinner was mediocre at best. A brand new Hampton Inn is opening next month down the street and you should stay there - it will be far superior to the Gateway Inn. (What were the rest of you reviewers thinking?)

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank HoustonFamily
GatewayInnSalida, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites Salida, responded to this review, 22 July 2010
75% of our Customers find Gateway Inn & Suites worthy their stay. As Family owned establisment we take pride in our exceptionally clean rooms and personalized, caring customer service. Hotel does not need to be a Franchise to be "good" For your information our facility terminated national flag after 10 year association. Since built in 2000 our hotel is Newest in Salida, therefore your comment about 60's furniture is out of line. I am sorry that our contemporary/modern decor didn't meet your taste. We assign rooms exactly as requested at the time of reservation. Since you arrived at the time when entire Salida was full we couldn't change you room to non-smk last minute. We can't take a blame for restaurant performance. Hampton Inn has been under construction for over 2 yrs oposed to us being part of community for a decade. Elizabeth Kudasik-guest relations
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Traveled to Salida for fibark, the rafting festival. When arriving at hotel was welcomed at front desk by Ziggy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Recommended other activities to do while in Salida. I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 16 July 2010

The Gateway Inn was one of several that were listed for the recent NARGS conference in Salida that my wife attended. I joined her for some cycling around Salida.. The staff was friendly, the room clean & quiet, & the location quite convenient. On the down side, while internet access was offered & free; it seldom worked. The beds were horribly uncomfortable (did the mattresses come from a lumber yard?), they arbitrarily turned off the A/C in the afternoon & there was no hot water for an afternoon shower after hard trail riding (twice!).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MicroBoulder_CO
We are sorry to learn that you had some difficulties while staying with us. Unfortunately we experienced major interruption of internet signal coming to our building and it took 10 days to address. In effort to preserve Energy AC units turn off automatically at check-out or when no motion detected in the room. Our rooms have Seally Posturepedic 500 beds in queens, as well as Serta and Simmons pillow tops in doubles.
It was our pleasure to be a Host property for 2010 NARGS Convention in Salida.
Elizabeth Kudasik-Guest Relations
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I had the chance to stay in Salida at the Gateway Inn after a rafting trip on the Arkansas River. What a wonderful experience. The room was very clean, and the owners so helpful with answering questions about the town. the breakfast the next morning was a nice end to the stay. I will only stay here when I come visit Colorado again.

• Stayed July 2010
Jefferson
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We just got back from Salida Colorado. We met up with a group of fellow V-Star 1300 riders for the 2010 annual meet and greet. We were there for 4 nights and our room was great! It was clean, comfortable and well stocked. Everyone that worked there was very nice and we enjoyed their hospitality. The breakfast was plentiful, varied and filling. I am not an easy person to please but I have no complaints. I even enjoyed the lemonade stand the kids set up after my walk back from downtown Salida. The management even set out clean rags for the motorcyclists to wash their bikes. We had the meeting room for our gatherings and we grilled hotdogs out. I don't think we could have picked a better place to gather.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
GatewayInnSalida, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites Salida, responded to this review, 29 June 2010
It was a pleasure to Host your group at Gateway Inn & Suites, we are very happy to hear that your stay was pleasurable. Salida being located in the Heart of the Rockies gives such superb experiance to riders. We hope to see you in the future, thank you again for choosing us!, Elizabeth Kudasik
Guest Relations