“It was great!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rio Rancho
“It was great!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Its a very nice hotel. Rooms are very clean and service was great. It's actually really dark when you first get in there and open the windows. But it was probably just because it was an ugly day. Breakfest was so good too that I got full... Pool was fun also. My family & I had a fantastic experience and we will soon come back.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank daniixo21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was a little nervous to stay here having never seen it on the inside, and lets face it, it's Salida and they don't have 4 or 5 star hotels or have much to choose from for that matter. I was actually pleasantly surprised. It did smell musty and old, but it appeared very clean. The lady who greeted me seemed very annoyed. The room was very spacious, had a comfortable bed and appeared clean, but it was very dark. The window faced the west side with a lot of trees so the room didn't get any light. The breakfast was very good, and the lady who cooks it likes to tell her stories. I bumped into a cleaning lady one day and she was very sweet. This was a quick weekend stay and I only needed a bed, so it worked out for me. I'd probably stay here again if I needed to.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the north east side so it's nice and bright
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy S
comfortinnsalida, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking a chance on us and I’m so glad that you had positive experience. We hope on your next trip it will be even better.
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We go to Salida once or twice a year to visit family. We have previously stayed at this hotel many times. We gave up on them last year only because we had a couple of uncomfortable beds in 2012. We decided to try them again in 2014 because we checked to see if they had upgraded their bedding...and yes, they had indeed. They not only replaced the beds, they added refrigerators and microwaves to all the rooms. The staff is super friendly and accommodating. The hotel is really, really clean. Yes, they don't have an elevator, and it is an older building, but we will definitely stay there again! The breakfast is a little tastier than most Comforts.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LaDama1947
comfortinnsalida, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you so much not giving up on us! We are so glad you like the new upgrades and we are working on getting the elevator.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I took a mini-weekend vacation and decided to go to Salida. We have been there many times, but usually just passing through and maybe lunch. I checked hotel prices on bookit.com and the Comfort Inn came in as one of the lower priced places. It was one of the first hotels we came across and looked nice. We checked in and immediately left to go to the Boathouse and the Downtown area. That evening we returned and brought our luggage to the room. It was odd, rooms that had not been occupied had the doors propped open. The whole place is like a home. There were lots of decorations and accessories inside and out which really made this place one of my favorite. Rooms were clean and quiet. Breakfast was very nice, clean area. There was a hot tub outside but we did not bring our suits. Very pleasant. One thing that did bother me is the side doors to the hotel are unlocked. We did see a couple of shady kids dressed poorly walk in and out of the first floor side door. Recommend this to anyone. If we stay in Salida, we will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hclews
comfortinnsalida, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you so much giving us a try. We try our best to give the best rate as possible. Next time don’t forget your bathing suits.
Aurora
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We make many trips to Salida just to get out of the big city. In our times there we have stayed at a lot of different motels, now it is only the Comfort Inn. The owners, the manager and staff all seem to improve over the time before. The staff is always friendly and accommodating and the motel property, itself, has been in an on-going upgrade for sometime. Micro-fridge now in each room, new furniture, mattresses, linens and pillows have all been replaced with items of above average quality. We, of course by now, are greeted by name and they even know our room preference(s). If not occupied we stay in a room that provides a view of the deer that roam around Salida. It is a nice place to stay, always.

Room Tip: Try for a room at the western end and keep an eye out for the deer in the adjacent property.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank ADDISON T
comfortinnsalida, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Your feedback is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect when I made the reservation, but my fears were immediately removed when Anna greeted us. I have never been greeted so personally and with as much concern as she did. I have stayed at some really nice hotels in some big cities, but Anna was great. She was the only one working that night and she even came to my truck to help me unload - despite my denying her help. I would highly recommend this place to stay. The room was clean and comfortable. A great vacation stay for me and my boys!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank vlb14
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was given a quote, and reserved a standard King room on getaroom.com. The room was great, but the big kicker was that when I checked out the total was $25 less than when I reserved the room. Rates fluctuate frequently for places near skiing in Colorado. I was very happy to get it at a discount.

The room was actually very nice. The bed and bedding was quite comfortable. My girlfriend was very pleased that it had double sinks. The staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Even rooms will be away from the street, but even on the street side it wasn't too noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple