“An amazing vacation!”
Review of Lost Valley Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sedalia
Lost Valley Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sedalia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and I were privileged to be guests at Lost Valley while visiting our son who has been on staff there for the last two summers. "Momma and Daddy, you have to come visit so you'll understand when I talk about what a special place Lost Valley Ranch is," he has been asking. It is a special place where all ages are accommodated and served. Many guests had children there who loved participating in the programs specifically designed for their age group. I was a new horseback rider and the wranglers very patiently helped me with my riding, never making me feel stupid. I rode daily, sometimes twice a day, finally getting the hang of 'posting a trot.' We particularly enjoyed getting to know both staff and other guests and sitting around after meals visiting and sharing our stories. Accommodations and food were excellent and for the non-riders there were plenty of opportunities for hiking and wandering walking trails. I'm trying to figure out how I can take the rest of my family for a visit...so worth it!

Room Tip: If you are not up for a climb to your room, ask for a room closer to the lodge.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank M D
Tony W, General Manager at Lost Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

It is always nice to have family on the ranch. We appreciate your choosing to spend your vacation here at Lost Valley Ranch. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the riding program, activities and our guests and staff. We do hope that you are able to return with the rest of your family in the future. Oooo-aaaah!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Oh my goodness!!..We are coming back!!...My friend Rachel and I visited Lost Valley Ranch in September 2012...ride ride ride week.What a week we had!The best EVER!...We are delighted to be going back in March of 2014.We cannot believe our luck.Once is amazing,but twice??How lucky are we?!..We can't wait to see the amazing staff and owners again..not to mention the most beautiful horse in the world-Baylor.(please be there Baylor!)228 days to go..and counting...see you all very soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are outstanding
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank mumzeedebzee
Tony W, General Manager at Lost Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

We love to hear the excitement in your writing of your trip last fall and now your return to the ranch in the spring. We are looking forward to having you back. Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We are so fortunate to have guests like you. Our guests are the best part of what we do. See you in March. Oooo-aaaah!!!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

This is the BEST way to build family memories for all age groups in your family. The staff is super, food delicious, accommodations great, activities varied and fun. My grandchildren want to live there! We plan to go back for our 4th year. Can hardly wait for July, 2014.

Room Tip: All accommodation choices are great. If you have knee problems, you might want to request a cabin c...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Tony W, General Manager at Lost Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

We are so thankful to have you as our guest and we love you grand kids as much as they love the ranch! Thanks for being more than a guest to us, but part of our ranch family. We look forward to seeing you on our side of the cattle guard in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I've traveled to Lost Valley many times over the years in the Spring and Fall months and every visit was better than the last one. This was my first Summer visit with my Granddaughter. The staff was the best, food the best, accommodations the best, every aspect was top notch. I highly recommend you visit the Valley. And, oh ya, the riding was the best.

Jim Evenson from Minnesota,

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Jim,

It was great meeting your granddaughter and even better having you both here for your first summer on the ranch together. We appreciate your kind words and we are looking forward to the next visit. We'll keep the fire lit for you and keep looking for the swim fins.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Well it has been 2 years since we have been to Lost Valley Ranch. My family and I went Memorial weekend 2012. We had such an amazing time, still to this day we talk about it. My son at the time was 6 years old. He misses his horse, Hobbes and wishes to go back one day. They have a great kids club that my son loved also.. he would come back with his face all messed up with soot with stories of 3 finger Jake. He LOVED it!!! My husband and I enjoyed everything the ranch offered but my husbands favorite was the horseback riding. I enjoy taking photographs and hiking! You totally feel you are in the middle of nowhere -- in a lost valley. I recommend Lost Valley Ranch to all!! One day we will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the trails end cabin... I loved it, just wish I brought my pillow... but whenever I tra...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Tony W, General Manager at Lost Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for choosing to spend a vacation with your family at Lost Valley Ranch. It is wonderful to hear the stories of your son's experience with the Children's Program and 3 Finger Jake's Cave as well as the fun that your husband had riding horses. One of the many great things about the ranch is the fact that it is in the middle of nowhere. We believe that getting away and crossing our cattle guard brings rest, relaxation and refreshment that we are all in need of. We hope to see you back in the "lost valley" soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Its has been years since I have been to Lost Valley Ranch (8 years I think), but this place is wonderful in every way. Great food, great horseback riding, wonderful accommodations, friendly, helpful staff, awesome for kids of all ages. They have so many activities and things to do too. Fishing, horseback riding (if you become friends with the wranglers, they might let you help feed the horses), jacuzzi, pool, and more. There is so much fun stuff to do, you literally fall into bed at night and sleep like a baby. Did I mention its absolutely beautiful too? The scenery is amazing, especially when you get on horseback and the wranglers take you to the top of the rock. You don't have to ride horses either or be a horse person, there is plenty of things to do or not do at all and just relax.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole M
Tony W, General Manager at Lost Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for being a repeat guest of the ranch. We appreciate your loyalty and for being a part of the Lost Valley Ranch family. Thank you also for sharing your experience here at the ranch. It sounds as though you have enjoyed every part of what we offer. Our staff are anxious to serve you and have you back across our cattle guard. Oooo-aaaah!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

There's no place I'd rather be. I've been to LVR with groups of kids at least a dozen times. There are so many new opportunities. Whether it's sitting around the fireplace while it snows, sunrise hikes or afternoon horseback rides, it's perfect. The cabins are always clean and very comfortable. The food is incredible. But the staff is over the top, always making everyone feel special and welcome.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Tony W, General Manager at Lost Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Lost Valley Ranch. It's been our pleasure serving your groups for many years and we are excited for many more. We enjoy hearing about our guests' experiences from the cabins to the food to the staff. We can't wait for you to return for more riding, hiking and relaxing.

Been to Lost Valley Ranch? Share your experiences!