“Cottage Rental”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of TARANSAY COTTAGE

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Toronto, Canada
“Cottage Rental”
Reviewed 24 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Our stay at this cottage was great. The pictures shown in the ad are exactly what the cottage looks like. It definitely is an older cottage that requires some work, but we were informed of that prior to arrival. The beach is about a 3 minute walk away, which was convenient. There is a lot of space around the cottage, which was nice for the group of 7 of us. We were able to play outdoor games and have a big fire in the backyard. Overall we enjoyed out stay at the cottage.

27 Aug 2016
Thanks Jennifer for your honest review. I'm glad you had a great a time and I enjoyed having a beer with you and your friends. Come back anytime.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Cute Cottage”
Reviewed 24 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed at this cottage in August of 2016. This cottage was exactly as it was advertised and the photos in the profile listing are very accurate. Yes the cottage is outdated with its furnishings however there is something I find so charming about that.

This is a rental cottage located a short walk to the beach, not a palace over looking the Pacific Ocean and people need to remember that.

The furnishings of this place are wonderfully comfortable and having my bedroom window open while sleeping and enjoying the fresh air coming across the farmers field next door gave me the best sleep I have had in quite sometime.

It is a perfect escape from city life and takes you back about 40 years however it has a/c in the living room and satellite TV (Yay satellite for those rainy days) and all the modern conveniences wrapped in a perfect lil rural cottage.

I met the owner of the place and he is a great guy - so full of fun and excitement and was a pleasure getting to know him. I definitely would rent from him again and am thinking of booking for September to make use of his fire ring in the backyard and making smores on those great cool fall nights.

I am very excited to go back and have told all my friends from the Markham area about this hidden gem only 2 hours away with no crowds or many "citiots" near by.

Also, when you go - be sure to have breakfast at the Sunflower Cafe in Selkirk - delicious and close by.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
2 Sep 2016
Thanks Kim I appreciate your honest review and lok forward to seeing you again anytime.
backusbre
Ontario, Canada
“Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed 24 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

A friend and I stayed at this cottage for the first time from Friday August 19 to Monday August 22, 2016 for a weekend get-away and couldn't be more happy.

Upon arriving at the cottage on Friday evening we were presented with a cute, traditional Lake Erie cottage shaded by large trees, a large deck at the front of the house complete with comfortable patio chairs. We walked into the cottage to find a warm, clean cottage with everything we needed including satellite t.v! (Great for watching the final Tragically Hip concert!)

The open concept living room and kitchen are complete with comfortable 3 seat sofa, chair, dining table and chairs, fridge, stove, microwave, toaster, kettle and more. It was fully stocked and every thing was very clean. There is also an a/c unit in the living space which kept the living room and kitchen at a very comfortable temperature.

The bathroom was clean and well appointed and the water pressure and temperature was fantastic (not always the case in cottage rentals) Each of the 4 bedrooms have comfortable beds, and closets to hang all your clothes. There was no stains or rips on any of the mattresses and we each slept in the north facing bedrooms and each commented daily on how well we slept. The bedrooms do not have a/c but with the windows open at night a great breeze went through the cottage making our sleep very comfortable.

The short 3 minute walk to the beach was fantastic and the water in the lake was so warm and relaxing, we made the beach trip several times over the weekend and enjoyed the walk and saying hello to the fellow cottagers.

On Saturday night the owner of the cottage was in the area and stopped by to see how our stay was going, he was very pleasant and informative of the area. We thoroughly enjoying his visit and even offered him a fresh bbq'd hot-dog but he declined.

I have rented cottages all throughout southern Ontario and must say that this cottage experience was one of the best. It is a simple, traditional Lake Erie cottage, nothing fancy but very welcoming and comfortable.

I recommend all to consider this cottage, it is well worth the visit!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The serenity of the cottage
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Aug 2016
Thanks Brett and Kimmy for confirming the beds are comfortable, the beach is close and that the refrigerator works. Next time, I'll have a hot dog and a beer with you. Come back soon and tell your friends. Once again, thank you for the kind and honest review.
Tara Mahb...
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Very bad experience staying in this cottage”
Reviewed 12 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

My family and I had very bad experience staying in this cottage. The cottage is difinitely not a water-front cottage even though the owner confirmed it is. It takes 8 minutes walking to get to the beach. The beds are very noisy since they are really old. We could not sleep at all. The fridge is very old and not working properly. Some of our food got spoiled. There was no AC so it was really hot and humide during the day. Having two kids with us we asked the owner if we can leave earlier than expected as this cottage is not what
you said and he said ok. He said he will reimburse part of our money but when we got home he said he is not going to refund any money he just lied about it. So I will never trust this owner again and will never rent this cottage again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 Aug 2016
I had a horrific experience with this client. Furthermore, I don't participate in online character assassination. My cottage has been listed for rental since 2009. It has always stated that waterfront access is a short 2 to 3 minute walk to the municipal beach. Since this client left, I have had two families stay. They confirmed to me that the beds are noiseless, that the refrigerator works fine and the beach is close. She only stayed three nights so any food that perished was rotten before she arrived. I have never advertised air conditioning because I have never needed it and never had it. However, I bought one due to the hot summer and my guests confirm it works well. I met her Friday and she confirmed everything was fine. Next morning, Saturday, she said she was leaving immediately and demanded 200 dollars or she would trash me and my property online. To my surprize, she stayed the whole weekend and I didn't hold her hostage. How strange she would stay when she claims all these problems, especially, since she seemed so concerned about her children. Finally, when she departed, she left six bags of garbage on my front lawn which were ripped apart by raccoons and other animals which took me and my sister two hours to clean up, My tv remote was missing, barbq destroyed and the toilet was clogged. Warning to all cottage owners, beware of this person who has no respect for others property. I would offer you a free tour before booking but tripadvisor does not allow contact between parties before they have received payment. Suffice to say, I have had many happy clients who return.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing