We stayed in Rm #115 for 3 nights in early December. Kudos to Laura, at the front desk! She is very helpful and fun to talk with. There are many wonderful things to say about this quaint hotel across the road from St Augustine Beach:
1. The hotel is only 3 miles from the Old City Gates. It is the best of both worlds - quiet beach stay, but close to the vibrant Old City. Furthermore, the Old Town Trolley will send their Beach Bus to pick you up and bring you back or the Trolley's main center. Or you can chose to drive there. The Trolley has free parking is only 2.2 miles from the Hotel.
2. 1st floor ocean front rooms do not have a view of the ocean, due to the berm between the hotel and the road, but you have direct access to cross the street from your sliding glass door. There are also 2 side doors, with beach showers to wash of the sand.
3. If you didn't come prepared for the beach, no worries. You can rent a beach chair and an umbrella for $5/day from the hotel.
4. Rooms are nicely decorated and have comfortable beds with duvets, a comfortable easy chair,a 42" TV, microwave, mini frig and a Keurig coffee maker. The HVAC has a digital temperature readout and a "fan on" feature, which provides constant air circulation and white noise.
5. In addition to the standard continental breakfast fare, there are hot scrambled eggs, sausage and a waffle maker. While the breakfast area is small (seating only 12) there is an outside balcony for additional seating.
6. We noticed a broken toilet seat and inoperable vent fan in the bathroom the first night. We reported it the next morning and is was immediately fixed - great attention to customer needs.
7. I've never seen anyone comment on toilet paper, but we all think about it. The Hotel has a noticeably higher quality paper than most hotels, which you will appreciate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Sands Beach Inn is the only ocean front hotel in St Augustine with a private beach and unobstructed views of both the sunrise over the Atlantic and sunset views over the scenic wetlands and inter-coastal waterway to the west. Our upscale, boutique style hotel has been recently renovated with new granite bathroom, carpeting, bedding, flat-screen TV's, K-Cup coffee makers, and much more. The upscale facilities and amenities combined with a perfect beach location and outstanding service all ensure you will have a truly relaxing and enjoyable vacation when visiting the St Augustine and Historic Coast area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Sands Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Sands Beach Hotel Saint Augustine
- Ocean Sands Hotel
- Ocean Sands Motel