“Gained the feel of the 50s which I desired.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Magic Beach Motel

Magic Beach Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Vilano Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Gained the feel of the 50s which I desired.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

The Magic lived up to my expectations. We did not have kitchen rooms, three, so these were on
the smaller side. Loved my room. Only complaint was that there was no place to conveniently
place luggage but this is a room from earlier times. The night lighting was 50s perfection.
Breakfast was as expected. Not expanded but just fine. Proximity to the beach is wonderful.
I now wish that my prior visits to St. Augustine had been to Vilano Beach. It will be in my future
plans.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rt66tbird

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We tried hard to find a decent priced hotel close to historic area as well as the beach. This was perfect. Clean, spacious, comfy big bed, steps to the beach, less than 10 minutes to historic Saint Augustine. Grant you it is not luxurious, but served its purpose for our girls weekend. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ashmo_25
Vero Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at this wonderful motel while at a Main Street Florida Conference in Vilano Beach. It far exceeded my expectations! My room had every amenity...even more than your upscale hotel room. The thing that jumped out at me immediately was how clean it was. I mean, spic and span. I got to meet the owners and they were kind, gracious, and helpful. In fact, I was surprised to find that they received a Business of the Year Award at our Main Street banquet. I would definitely stay there again, as it was wonderful....with the most reasonable rates around!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Vicky G
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was my second visit to the Magic Beach Motel and my verdict remains the same: one of the best values in the St. Augustine area. The rooms were fresh and clean, and the king-size bed was firm and comfortable. The appliances appeared to be new and everything worked as expected.

The room's soundproofing was outstanding: I did not hear a peep from surrounding rooms during my two-night stay. The only points I would subtract were for a wifi system that refused to play nice with my iPhone. Still, a 98 score is an A in my book ... And I will book this motel again soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Flicker45
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great little mom and pop motel. I was blown away by how clean and updated the rooms are. You can walk right to the beach. I would definitely stay there again. I love locally owned and family run businesses. This is a hidden little gem !!!

Room Tip: Room 202 had the best view and a little porch to sit on to see the ocean
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Slate C
Cortez, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

As a retro collector and a flamingo lover myself, this stay will give you a magical retro weekend experience at a great restored motel.
Room was spotless and housekeeping is amazing .Owners are wonderful. Great little pool but also close to the beach. We had the king balcony ocean view whirlpool suite and it was the way to go. Great for ocean morning viewing while having your coffee, or sipping wine in the evening. There is another hotel that partially blocks the ocean view, but does not deter from the ambiance.
The free continental breakfast in the morning is a nice touch.
Thank you for a magical weekend getaway. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We just spent the weekend at this hotel- and had a wonderful time in the most comfortable room (and beds). Feliza and her father are great hosts, and really want to make sure you are happy with your stay.

Breakfast is a very good continental, the pool is extremely clean and housekeeping does a super job. Would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Ascend Collection Castillo Real
Ascend Collection Castillo Real
#2 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn
BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach...
#3 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Ocean Sands Beach Inn
Ocean Sands Beach Inn
#4 of 5 in Vilano Beach

Been to Magic Beach Motel? Share your experiences!