Magic Beach Motel
Ocean Sands Beach Inn(Vilano Beach)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$162
US$136
US$286
Hotels.com
Oceanview Lodge(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$71
US$59
US$108
Country Inn
The Cozy Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$107
The Conch House Marina Resort(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$126
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsneon lightsold floridagreat retroretro feelmurals on the wallspink flamingossmall kitchenetteshort walkmom and popfun place to stayking bedcontinental breakfastvillano beachpublix supermarkethard boiled eggsocean viewceiling fan
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We were there in mid-April and unfortunately the weather was lousy so couldn't really enjoy this place to it's fullest potential. But the owner/manager was very nice making sure we knew how to adjust the heat in our unit and so on. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast was above par as well. So I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

When we were able to get away for a long weekend, I stumbled across this motel in my search for a place to stay. It was built in 1951. In the late 90s it was a backdrop to a TV series, Safe Harbour. After a fire in 2010, it went thru a major renovation in 2012. The hotel is restored and modernized without losing its original charm. The motel features pink flamingos, bright colors, neon lights, a clock and the Magic Beach Motel sign.

My husband and I are found of South Beach and all the art deco style buildings. This peaked our interest. After reading the reviews, we decided to make the destination fun by experiencing this piece of history. The renovation is awesome, All the neon sign and art deco glass are in place. The paint colors are true to the time period (IMO). The upgrades are what amazed us. It is ADA compliant, the decks are made of the composite woods, railings and ramps in place. The rooms are clean, do not smell (they are all NON SMOKING rooms). Smoking is permitted outside.

You can see the ocean from the King Suite w/Jacuzzi tub. This room also has a kitchenette with small fridge, microwave, stove and sink. The beach is a short walk from the motel.
There is also a fold out couch, if you have kids or another guest. The bed was very comfortable with good sheets, the mattress has a cover on it and the place is very clean.
The only suggestion I would have is for them to add a medicine cabinet or some type of storage for toiletries. They do provide a hair dryer, shampoo, hand soap and dish soap.

Check in was quick, staff friendly. The only "complaint" I have is they did not tell us they have a provided breakfast on site. No information in the room stating that fact either. When I called to ask about a good place for breakfast, they referred me to outside restaurants. Don't understand that...

I did not have my lap top this trip; but I did have a smart phone, Reception inside the room was one bar, just outside, on the deck 4 bars. Must be a lot of concrete or something in those walls!

The motel is a short drive to St Augustine and you save a WHOLE lot of money not staying in overpriced motels or B&B's there!

There is a Publix right across the street, which makes it handy for not having to pack groceries beforehand (if you are driving) or getting those last minute forgotten items

We would definitely return.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the ocean, get the King Jacuzzi room. Probably the only room with view of the Atlantic. If you need a last minute place to stay the regular rooms are around $99 (save a lot compared to Old Town St Augustine)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank audrahos
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The magic beach hotel staff is friendly, accommodating and helpful.
The wifi and cell coverage in the room can be iffy but I think it is the 50's construction of the building exterior. The room are clean, simple, and quiet. Our pet was very comfortable as well.

A 2 min walk to the beach. We returned on our way back north.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We spent one night here and would gladly return. We had looked for rooms in St Agustine but they were expensive and crowded. This had a very clean room, reasonable rates, and a 1950s aura about it that was quite fun with all the pink flamingos on the outside. The room was small but more than adequate. There were not restaurants within walking distance, except for a pizza place, but we had a wonderful meal two miles away where we could watch the ocean roll in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tripjoe
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The pluses location is great, so close to the beach, nearby supermarket and small restaurants, clean, friendly staff,and most surprising, the room was quiet for a motel! There were people on both sides of me, and I did not hear them at all....a really big plus. Also the room had a small kitchenette and a comfortable bed.

The only minus was that the room was a bit small (room with king bed) fine if traveling alone or with perhaps one other person.

Stayed: March 2014