“Great fishing with Jeff Poole”
Review of North Fork Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shawnee
North Fork Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shawnee
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is a very special place. The fishing is truly phenomenal, and Jeff is a world class guide. Karen's food is amazing so come hungry! If you cant have fun here, There is something wrong. Can't wait to go back...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mjr1965

Reviewed 28 September 2013

A great girls getaway for my Sister's 60th Birthday. We fished and rode horses and ate too much of Karen's gourmet cooking. Five of us were able to stay in the beautifully appointed Homestead Cabin. We enjoyed our cocktails in front of a crackling fire and fell asleep listening to the river rushing past. A great escape!

Travis and Casey took us on an unforgettable trail ride with beautiful scenery. We caught HUGE fish under the guidance of Jeff and Monroe. Lots of laughter and fun the entire time.

I would highly recommend the hospitality of Karen and Dean May at the N. Fork Ranch to anyone looking for a great get away. You will love this property and the people who lovingly care for it.

Room Tip: Stonehenge for large groups and great privacy. We stayed in Homestead and it was so quiet and comfor...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank CollegeMomCo
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was looking to take my family (3 teenage boys) to a Guest Ranch that was located close to Denver and could accommodate a partial week stay. I found North Fork Ranch and could not have been happier with the choice. We all had a fabulous time and it far exceeded my expectations.

NF is privately owned and operated and it shows. Karen and Dean rightfully have a lot of pride in the ranch and their attention to detail and personal touch make a huge difference. They are real pros and have fine tuned their operation to provide fantastic, personable service and excellent amenities. Upon our arrival, as Karen gave us a tour of the property, my 12 year old son kept repeating to me under his breath, "I like this place". The setting is lush with green pastures and pines with the river running right through the property. Our cabin had a view of the river and was tastefully appointed and comfortable with a stone fireplace. The food was truly delicious and, between meals, there is always some type of snack/sweet laid out to nibble on. In addition, the staff are all super friendly and deliver great service.

NF accommodates about 35 guests which seemed like a comfortable number of people to me and allowed us to get to know some other guests but also feel as though we were in a relaxed setting with plenty of opportunities for quiet time if you want it.

The weekly agenda of activities provides all sorts of fun things to do if you choose to participate. We went on a trail ride, participated in a fly fishing clinic, and went white water rafting. But the highlight for me and my oldest son was a half-day guided fly fishing session. The stretch of private water on the ranch has some of the best fishing in Colorado. Every pool that we fished in the river had enormous trout (5-8 lbs). I plan on coming back here in the spring or fall with some buddies just to fish. And I'm not even much of a fisherman. It's that good! They also have a stocked fishing pond which the kids (and I) had a lot of fun with.

We are thrilled that we found NF Ranch and highly recommend it for both families and couples (and fishermen too!).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JBJ101
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Our family of four (including a 10 year old and 7 year old) booked a relatively last minute vacation at the ranch for the five days that were available. It was perfect. Lodging (in Stonehenge), every meal and the wonderful staff who cooked, served and joined us (one better than the next, and I wish I had bought the cookbook while there), horseback riding and wonderful wranglers, fishing, white water rafting, the pool, my massage and the perfect weather which included rain and sun and warm days and cool nights...the whole thing went beyond our expectations. And everyone (other guests) we met there was also a pleasure to be around. The ride to brunch with a softball game high upon a mountain was certainly a highlite. It became abundantly clear why families return year after year; Karen and Dean are real gems!

Room Tip: I heard that they are all good! Karen really helped us to understand our family and suggested the p...
1  Thank losvegas14
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just coming back from an amazing week at North Fork with my husband and three kids (twins 8 and oldest 11). I had done extensive research online (Top 50 luxury dude ranches and tripadvisor) but honestly wasn't exactly sure what to expect. While we were only there for a week, I feel like I have been away for a month and my kids already want to rebook next year. Karen and Dean and all the amazing young staff members they hire made this a truly memorable and special week. The Ranch is the perfect size - not too big and not too small and the Mays have perfected the experience. The attention to detail is amazing and we had a week full of horseback riding, ziplining, whitewater rafting, skeet shooting, 22 shooting, dancing and eating truly unbelievable food. It will be tough going back to reality next week!!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Four generations of our family (ages 3 to 87) gathered at North Fork Ranch for a week in July, 2013. We flew in from all parts of the country/world to share the experience and be together. The Ranch, the accommodations, the food (and the family style dining), the staff, the owners, the activities (rafting the Arkansas River, riding horses every day to beautiful mountain locations, fly fishing the Platte River in front of the lodge, fishing the pond, skeet shooting, line dancing, above the tree-line hikes, fireside songs and stories, sitting in a rocking chair on the porch reading a good book and listening to the roar of the river, etc. far exceeded our expectations. My two grandchildren fell in love with Tallis, the young woman who was charged with watching the little ones....she made sure that they enjoyed daily pony rides on Cinnamon, fed the goats, chickens, and rabbits, played games and enjoyed other activities, so the parents and other adults could take advantage of all that the ranch offered. The owners, Karen and Dean, all of the young wranglers, the kitchen staff, the guest services staff, and the housekeeping staff all contributed to making this a fabulous family experience.....we made memories that will last a lifetime.

Room Tip: Older family members might like to stay in one of the rooms in the lodge - closer to dining and gath...
1  Thank Sharon E E
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My daughter and I stayed at North Fork Ranch last week and had an exceptional experience. The ranch is beautiful- set in a valley with a river running through the property. The food was fantastic and the staff could not have been more kind and attentive. We rode horses, shot skeet, and fished. I recommend this ranch highly for anyone interested in an authentic dude ranch experience with all the comforts.

• Stayed: June 2013

Been to North Fork Ranch? Share your experiences!