“Scary!!!!!!”

1st Interstate Inn
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
“Scary!!!!!!”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

This motel should be condemned!!!!!!! Do NOT stay here. We checked in, saw the room, & immediately checked out! The room was disgusting, the bathroom was aweful, there was so much water damage to the walls that they were leaning forward, & there was mold on everything.

• Stayed January 2012
5 Thank Teena1203

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We recently stayed at 1st Inn Silverthorne on 12/19/2011 through hotwire.
The plumbing was broken in the bathroom, the tub faucet ran constantly. The bathroom was dirty and the walls were in disrepair. The window was broken and the screen shredded. The bedlinens were stained. The lampshade broken and stained. The walls with peeling paint. The pillows so old they were flat. We had to go buy pillows to use that night. The building could possibly be condemned. There was major plumbing and flooding issues by our room. I picked up the bible from the shelf and found it GLUED DOWN. Who uses the bible for DECORATION?!?! I was shocked at the condition of this property.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank izzi2121

Travellers are raving about these Silverthorne hotels

Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Got this on a 'blind' Hotwire offering as a 2-star hotel . . sorry Hotwire . . never again. Poorly kept property, itty bitty smelly room . . a big mistake. We looked at the room, threw the key on the bed and left . . the LaQuinta down the road was much nicer . . albeit somewht pricier!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Wayne C
Silverthorne, Colorado
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I read all of these reviews before attempting to stay here, and thought these people were being over critical. I was wrong. Ten minutes ago, I saw it for myself. I had booked my room for 2 adults, and when I attempted to check in I told the toothless manager I now had four people with me. After he told me four people could not fit in one room, I asked if i could get 2 rooms. He proceeded to yell at me calling me a liar, and kicked me out. This man is crazy, don't stay here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Raveling
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 3 March 2011

When we first pulled up to this place we saw graffiti all over the back of the building by the bus stop. That was the first sign that maybe this wasn't the best place to stay.
The door to my room was missing large areas of paint and was quite difficult to open. The lighting in the room was very dim even with all the lights on, probably to mask the lack of cleanliness. The bathroom was pretty shabby but everything worked and the water came out clear and didn't stink like others here had the misfortune of experiencing. The heater worked and the TV had lots of channels available. Evidently clearing the snow and ice from outside the room doors is optional and not an encouraged activity at this place. Getting to and from the parking lot can be treacherous.
The thing that put me over the edge and made for the worst nights sleep in years for me was finding other peoples hair in the sheets and on the pillows of both beds. I can deal with quite a bit and be fine, but dirty sheets and pillows crosses the line. I was going to rate this place poor but due to this they get a terrible.
Seriously, I wish I had more hands, so I could give this dump four thumbs down.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank FlyingMech
loveland
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Okay, its cheap-ish, they take pets but what a dive. I tried not to look to closely at the cleanliness, the thought of it scared me. The heater was broken (hello Feb. in the mountains) but no worries they provided us with a space heater:( What the h@%l! The TV remote didn't work, and the continental breakfast included tea, coffee and hot chocolate only there was no chocolate. How bout a donut or something. Okay so we laugh about it and NEVER stay there again. I am actually SHOCKED that a space heater (oh, one in the bathroom too) meets code. Oh that's right, IT DOESN'T!! On the positive side, there were no bugs, probably cause it was too damn cold, LOL!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank LovelandMom2011
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed 2 February 2011

We went with this room as a last resort! My wife used to clean rooms before and she noticed bed linen hadn't been changed. They had alot of hair on them and looked very wrinkled. So we called the manager and changed them ourselves. Also they don't provide anything they say like we asked for a blowdryer and they said they didn't have any due to people stealing them. About the breakfast! It never existed. we went early and the doors were locked where you get this so called breakfast with coffee. It does smell bad in the rooms and they really do need to be updated. As far as them shoveling snow they do a lousey job. So make sure to take your own shovel to get to your room.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Feddogg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
Comfort Suites Dillon
Alpine Slopes Lodge
Alpine Slopes Lodge
#3 of 6 in Keystone

Been to 1st Interstate Inn? Share your experiences!