“Unbelievable, stay away.”
Review of 1st Interstate Inn

1st Interstate Inn
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Reviewed 1 January 2013

My gosh, never seen an horrible motel like this and it is not cheap! $50-$70 for a room you would not let sleep even your dog! Fortunately I checked the room and walked away. I was there just after Christmas, then with $20 more I found a 3 starts hotel in town. Oh by the way, the "manager" I don't think cares much at all. I don't get it...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Benjamin777

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Whatever the price, high/low... this place is not worth it. You would be better off pitching a tent in the parking lot and saving yourself the trouble.

We got stuck with this place via Hotwire due to a gross discrepancy in their star rating that somehow determined this place should receive 2 of em. I don't know how this dump could even get half a star. I'm thinking that another symbol like a circle or a square would be a better system. I almost feel guilty giving them one "circle" on Tripadvisor....

Bottom line: STAY THE HELL AWAY!!!!

Room Tip: A good local phone book to assist in locating alternative lodging....
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alex F
Reviewed 15 January 2012

This motel should be condemned!!!!!!! Do NOT stay here. We checked in, saw the room, & immediately checked out! The room was disgusting, the bathroom was aweful, there was so much water damage to the walls that they were leaning forward, & there was mold on everything.

• Stayed: January 2012
5  Thank Teena1203
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We recently stayed at 1st Inn Silverthorne on 12/19/2011 through hotwire.
The plumbing was broken in the bathroom, the tub faucet ran constantly. The bathroom was dirty and the walls were in disrepair. The window was broken and the screen shredded. The bedlinens were stained. The lampshade broken and stained. The walls with peeling paint. The pillows so old they were flat. We had to go buy pillows to use that night. The building could possibly be condemned. There was major plumbing and flooding issues by our room. I picked up the bible from the shelf and found it GLUED DOWN. Who uses the bible for DECORATION?!?! I was shocked at the condition of this property.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank izzi2121
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Got this on a 'blind' Hotwire offering as a 2-star hotel . . sorry Hotwire . . never again. Poorly kept property, itty bitty smelly room . . a big mistake. We looked at the room, threw the key on the bed and left . . the LaQuinta down the road was much nicer . . albeit somewht pricier!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Wayne C
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I read all of these reviews before attempting to stay here, and thought these people were being over critical. I was wrong. Ten minutes ago, I saw it for myself. I had booked my room for 2 adults, and when I attempted to check in I told the toothless manager I now had four people with me. After he told me four people could not fit in one room, I asked if i could get 2 rooms. He proceeded to yell at me calling me a liar, and kicked me out. This man is crazy, don't stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Raveling
Reviewed 3 March 2011

When we first pulled up to this place we saw graffiti all over the back of the building by the bus stop. That was the first sign that maybe this wasn't the best place to stay.
The door to my room was missing large areas of paint and was quite difficult to open. The lighting in the room was very dim even with all the lights on, probably to mask the lack of cleanliness. The bathroom was pretty shabby but everything worked and the water came out clear and didn't stink like others here had the misfortune of experiencing. The heater worked and the TV had lots of channels available. Evidently clearing the snow and ice from outside the room doors is optional and not an encouraged activity at this place. Getting to and from the parking lot can be treacherous.
The thing that put me over the edge and made for the worst nights sleep in years for me was finding other peoples hair in the sheets and on the pillows of both beds. I can deal with quite a bit and be fine, but dirty sheets and pillows crosses the line. I was going to rate this place poor but due to this they get a terrible.
Seriously, I wish I had more hands, so I could give this dump four thumbs down.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank FlyingMech
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Silver Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Silverthorne
Comfort Suites Summit County

Been to 1st Interstate Inn? Share your experiences!