“I've stayed in worse places”
Review of 1st Interstate Inn

1st Interstate Inn
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Shanghai, China
“I've stayed in worse places”
Reviewed 5 February 2009

In 2001 I stayed in a motel in Flagstaff that cost $14. This place was better. The hotel reception area (where breakfast - stale bagels and stale English muffins - is served) smelled like cat piss. The room was OK - not really dirty, but old and shabby. The mattress seemed to be new as claimed. Linens were clean. No bad odors in the room. Lots of cable TV channels. No internet. The walls are thin. This would be a good $30 hotel, but the price is more than double that because of its location. As far as I know, only the youth hostel in Breckenridge is a cheaper option in the area.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — old and shabby
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Durango Colorado
Reviewed 18 December 2008

Stayed here because it was close to the location of my meeting. Made the mistake of taking the room before inspecting it. Big mistake. All the other reviewers only barely suggest the awfulness of this hotel. Stinky, dirty, poorly maintained. Avoid at all cost.

• Liked — Seeing it in the rearview mirror
  • Disliked — The smell
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Silverthorne hotels

Ft. Collins, CO
Reviewed 2 August 2008

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels. Even the worst have, until now, been bearable. But the room that I got in Silverthorne, at the 1st Inn (1st Interstate Inn) was the most disgusting inhabitance that I can imagine. Even if I tried to picture a hotel room that was creepier or filthier, I couldn't do it. This room was old and tired. The batteries were missing from the TV remote. The ceiling in the bathroom was caving in, and had been supported by long pieces of wood tacked up against it; this quick fix was not working. I shiver thinking about that room now, a week later. It was dark, moldy, and disgusting. The walls were warped and discolored, the water smelled foul from the tap, and every surface in the room was sticky, stained, and sickly. I left almost immediately, not even bothering to check out or complain. I slept in my car. That should emphasize my disgust with this hovel called The 1st Inn. Don't let the moderately clean office fool you...this place is worse than the most disgusting third world gulag I can conjure in my nightmares. I would jump in front of a bus than step foot in this hotel again. Be warned.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing about this hotel appealed to me. I wake, screaming, after having nightmares about their room.
  • Disliked — The indescribable, horrific filth.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank Edgetheow
pittsburgh
Reviewed 7 April 2008

My son & I were in colorado to ski over spring break. I saw a review for this hotel which said it was old but clean and neat. Since Iusually stat at budget motels requiring only clean and neat this sounded acceptable. As well I needed two beds and this was the only option for two beds. The room was below horrible. There was old stained walpaper on the walls with some of it torn and a piece had come off of the wall and was folded over on itself. There was a fork stuck in the sink drain. The carpet had burn marks and stains. The room smelled of urine. the pull out couch, our 2nd bed was stained and had a name and a smiley face burned into the arm fabric. this place was a nightmare. When I spoke with the owner about the wallpaper he said he had tried to fix it with super glue ad would use panel adhesive to get it to stay up. He did and it looked ike a 5 year old did it. About the smell, he told me that they allow dogs and maybe he should get the carpets cleaned. I seriously doubt he will do it. We got stuck there for 5 nights as there were no other rooms available in the area. I would never recommend this to anyone.

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank ericgreve
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
Comfort Suites Dillon
Alpine Slopes Lodge
Alpine Slopes Lodge
#3 of 6 in Keystone

Been to 1st Interstate Inn? Share your experiences!