“...four thumbs down.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Palm Springs, California
“...four thumbs down.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

When we first pulled up to this place we saw graffiti all over the back of the building by the bus stop. That was the first sign that maybe this wasn't the best place to stay.
The door to my room was missing large areas of paint and was quite difficult to open. The lighting in the room was very dim even with all the lights on, probably to mask the lack of cleanliness. The bathroom was pretty shabby but everything worked and the water came out clear and didn't stink like others here had the misfortune of experiencing. The heater worked and the TV had lots of channels available. Evidently clearing the snow and ice from outside the room doors is optional and not an encouraged activity at this place. Getting to and from the parking lot can be treacherous.
The thing that put me over the edge and made for the worst nights sleep in years for me was finding other peoples hair in the sheets and on the pillows of both beds. I can deal with quite a bit and be fine, but dirty sheets and pillows crosses the line. I was going to rate this place poor but due to this they get a terrible.
Seriously, I wish I had more hands, so I could give this dump four thumbs down.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank FlyingMech

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
loveland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

Okay, its cheap-ish, they take pets but what a dive. I tried not to look to closely at the cleanliness, the thought of it scared me. The heater was broken (hello Feb. in the mountains) but no worries they provided us with a space heater:( What the h@%l! The TV remote didn't work, and the continental breakfast included tea, coffee and hot chocolate only there was no chocolate. How bout a donut or something. Okay so we laugh about it and NEVER stay there again. I am actually SHOCKED that a space heater (oh, one in the bathroom too) meets code. Oh that's right, IT DOESN'T!! On the positive side, there were no bugs, probably cause it was too damn cold, LOL!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank LovelandMom2011

Travellers are raving about these Silverthorne hotels

Thornton, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

We went with this room as a last resort! My wife used to clean rooms before and she noticed bed linen hadn't been changed. They had alot of hair on them and looked very wrinkled. So we called the manager and changed them ourselves. Also they don't provide anything they say like we asked for a blowdryer and they said they didn't have any due to people stealing them. About the breakfast! It never existed. we went early and the doors were locked where you get this so called breakfast with coffee. It does smell bad in the rooms and they really do need to be updated. As far as them shoveling snow they do a lousey job. So make sure to take your own shovel to get to your room.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Feddogg
Long Beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

The room decor resembles a collection of items you might find in any given alley on trash day. The decor I was willing to over look because we checked in late and my only plans were to sleep, shower and get back on the road first thing in the morning. However the showering part was troubling. The water came out brown in both the bath and sink faucets. Though showering wasn't an option, I did get a few hours sleep. A few days after our stay, I noticed a unauthorized charge on my bank statement for $110 from the hotel. When I called to dispute the charge with the hotel, the lady who answered the phoned denied that they had made the charge and continually hung up on me.

Bottom line... the room was not worth the $50.00 I spent for it and even though I didn't drink the brown water the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank loresiav
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

do not stay here! I had to get a hotel room quick as a last resort (a prior plan fell through). After seeing what was available for under $100 per night, I booked this hotel online. I called the front desk for directions from keystone, was hung up on, my sister called, she given directions very rudely. Got into the room, bugs everywhere, only 1 lamp works in the whole room. Bathroom window has no curtain and looked directly out to a bus stop! (we hung up towells to act as a curtain). Counters dirty, floor dirty, and feels like things are biting me. I put my own sleeping bag ontop of the bed, I don't recomend sleeping I it. this was definetly a last resort hotel for me, and the only one with rooms left this late at night under $100. I would feel cleaner and safer staying in a tent in the woods.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank Holly_AussieGirl
New Denver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

This place has to be the WORST SCUM I have vever seen in my entire life and I am way over the age of 50......
No way would I recommend this Hotel not even for an hour........The Health Dept should close this place down

The MGR is in need of cleaning up for the appearance stand form.....not good business to have such representing your CORP.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Shanghai, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2009

In 2001 I stayed in a motel in Flagstaff that cost $14. This place was better. The hotel reception area (where breakfast - stale bagels and stale English muffins - is served) smelled like cat piss. The room was OK - not really dirty, but old and shabby. The mattress seemed to be new as claimed. Linens were clean. No bad odors in the room. Lots of cable TV channels. No internet. The walls are thin. This would be a good $30 hotel, but the price is more than double that because of its location. As far as I know, only the youth hostel in Breckenridge is a cheaper option in the area.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — old and shabby
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Silver Inn
The Dillon Inn
The Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon
BEST WESTERN Ptarmigan Lodge

Been to 1st Interstate Inn? Share your experiences!