“fishin' with Dad”
Review of Cutthroat Anglers

Cutthroat Anglers
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I took my 68 yr old Dad on his first float trip on the Colorado River with Cutthroat Anglers for his birthday last week. What a fantastic experience! From the minute we walked into the fly shop, we treated as welcomed guests. The gear, transportation, lunch on the banks of the Colorado River and our Guide were all first rate. My Father caught several beautiful browns...not bad for his first experience fly fishing! Considering a guided fly fishing trip...USE THESE GUYS!

1  Thank djfowler66

Reviewed 12 September 2012

What a fantastic all day float trip we had in September of 2012. My wife had never flyfished and she recived exellent insruction form our guide, she caught the 1st brown trout, the biggest brown trout and the only rainbow of the 30+ caught that day. We are already talking about when next September we will do this again. All of my questions were awncered and I have improved my river fishing expodentaly. Just do it..... Photos to follow

1  Thank PeaceCorpsGuy
Reviewed 10 September 2012

As a regular client of Cutthroat Anglers for 15 years, I have interacted with all the guide and shop staff and never been disappointed. They are enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and professional. I have never had an experience with Cutthroat that was below par.

On the water, they know exactly where to row or where to stand to put the angler on the fish. Even on days when the water is horrible, the weather is ungodly, and the fish are sitting on the bottom of the river with their lips glued shut, the guides exhibit an enthusiasm and a humor that makes the day nearly perfect (if you don't mind being pelted by sleet, but there's nothing they can do about that). They provide detailed instruction about how best to approach the trout and what flies to use, and are accommodating if the angler has a preference on where to fish or with what to fish (though they may laugh a bit when you get to know them better).

I think so highly of this shop that I have frequently recommended it to my friends and family. They always return thrilled to have had such a wonderful fly fishing experience even if they are first-time anglers. I also feel perfectly comfortable sending my female friends to Cutthroat because I know the gentlemen there will behave like, well, gentlemen.

Overall, this is the best fly shop I have encountered and highly recommend it for anyone-- families with small children, teenagers (I am so sorry), elderly grandparents, you name it. Cutthroat will take care of you and your family and you will have a wonderful day on the water.

1  Thank maggie m
Reviewed 10 September 2012

As visitor's from the east coast and newbies to fly fishing, Cutthroat Angler staff provided exceptional service. From outfitting w. gear, rowing on the majestic Colorado River, patiently teaching technique....our experience was one we will never forget. We look forward to returning to the area and to Cutthroat Angler's for another positive and successful adventure.

2  Thank lado4
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My wife and I had such a great experience we ended up going a second time during our week stay. The guides (we called them the "fish whisperers") were so patient and we never felt like beginners. This was only our third time to fly fish and it can be a little intimidating but the two days were wonderful. The water was such we could float and the fishing was undoubtedly better than we deserved. My suggestion is to call Cutthroat Anglers first and you will not be disappointed.

Tim and Jackie Simmonds